Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed) - Page 11

View Poll Results: Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic Problem : I want to fight the Epic Villains!

1 8.33%
  • Jemal's Quest : I want to adventure across the Planes!

9 75.00%
  • Epic Problem: I won't be playing, but this sounds fun to watch!

1 8.33%
  • Jemal's Quest: I won't be playing, but this sounds fun to watch!

1 8.33%
  • Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

0 0%
+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore kinem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    ... do any of you worship specific deities or causes, and if so, how devoutly?
    Braham nominally follows the four genie gods of the elements, as he is thought to have some genie blood, but not very devoutly. They don't take much interest in mortal affairs, and he mainly just invokes their names for casual curses and good natured blasphemy.

3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    Shayuri: Don't you usually have to have a patron to get in with that kind of croud? (just a suggestion for a possible "deity").

Coinage: I usually assume for simplicity that Adventurers can be carrying whatever form/denomination/amount of coins they wish on or about their person. I'm not fond of keeping track of 'i have 258 platinum, 1003 gold, 3521 silver, and 245 copper'
    Let me rephrase my question then: Say Ur has put *all* his wealth into his Beltpouch of Random Stuff, not a solitary copper piece left on his listed gear. But then, he is suddenly in need of 200gp to pay for 'damages incured while in a friendly tousle with an ice giant'. Assuming he agrees with the claim, can he pull the 200gp from his Beltpouch of Random Stuff, and if so, does he substract 200 or 400gp from it's stored capacity?

Binder, where's this Ring/belt of divine might from?
    Made it up using DMG rules: Base spell Divine Might (4th Cleric) X CL 20 X 1 800 gp (Standard action "prayer" to activate) X 3/5 for 3 daily activations, 20 rounds each = 86 400 gp... Hope I got that right?

Thanks for Knockback, by the way, and I don't think you have to worry about Shock Trooper: not enough Feat slots! (The monk and Psychic Fists are really Feat starved!)

On a related tack, I would have liked to have time to put a little IC bones on the bare stats, but anyways: I've pasted my Character in Progress in the rogue's gallery for review/comment (I'll swap-in Knockback when I have time to optimize). Was hoping to finish it this week-end, actually, but I've just learned that I'm leaving tomorrow for an emergency fill-in in the field (other geo had to leave for the hospital). I'll should be back next Tuesday, so I hope that won't delay game start too much?

Quick notes: Gloves of Arrows snaring, greater are just a 5/day version of their "lesser" 2/day cousin (multiplied cost by 2.5 to get rid of the original 2/5 divider). All items with multiple powers have the secondary power cost X1.5. Hope I don't have to pay the "inapropriate body slot" penalty on any of the substitutions I've made, as they all seem to fit thematically with their powers to me (paid the X2 cost "takes no body slot" modifier for the two item that, to my mind, didn't (Circlet of Rapid Casting and Empowerd Spell Shard)).
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Thursday, 11th October, 2012 at 04:10 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Shayuri
    Binder, not necessarily...though it is a possibility.

I'll need to discuss ideas with Jemal.

BF - I'm gonna say it costs double to take currency out of the bag, b/c otherwise there's no reason not to throw every extra penny in there.

I only allow custom made items by characters that make the items themselves.

Scott -
    I am a bit limited on time, but, didn't getting a deal at the byzzarr bazzar have repercussions or ramifications?

Shirt
    neat thing about that +1 is that it is there for any armor class!

type b haversack:
    so, I 'load it with 20,000 gp
    I need an adamentine dagger, mundane item, so 3002 gp. done for now, so put in in the un packed half of storage

i run out of +1 arrows so [normal cost:230x gp for 50] so my cost would be 460x gp. put in efficient quiver, kill mean monster.

NOW, do i got it?
    I wouldn't trust any 'deals' you get there, but not every merchant is going to try to screw you. It's basically a giant trading ground.
    The +1 from your shirt isn't to 'any' amour class, armour bonuses don't apply to touch ac. (Your mage armour wouldn't either, also being an armour bonus, though as a force effect it does apply to *Incorporeal* Touch ac.

Haversack : Almost. Adamantine isn't mundane, though, so would be double.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    OSRIC EN Publishing Pathfinder Circvs Maximvs Gygax Memorial Fund The Perturbed Dragon

Ignore Scott DeWar
    Scott -
    I wouldn't trust any 'deals' you get there, but not every merchant is going to try to screw you. It's basically a giant trading ground.
    The +1 from your shirt isn't to 'any' amour class, armour bonuses don't apply to touch ac. (Your mage armour wouldn't either, also being an armour bonus, though as a force effect it does apply to *Incorporeal* Touch ac.

Haversack : Almost. Adamantine isn't mundane, though, so would be double.
    deals - I was just thinking of the 'deals' they got in the books is all

shirt - will fix that

haversack - got it
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Is Tutek approved?
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    I'm gonna say it costs double to take currency out of the bag, b/c otherwise there's no reason not to throw every extra penny in there.
    Makes sense, it's true.

I only allow custom made items by characters that make the items themselves.
    (??). That seems like a peculiar restriction for a 20th level character, with supposedly a long history behind him. If it doesn't exist, can't he simply have it made? If he's willing to pay a fair price for it (as, you know, defined by the DMG), shouldn't he evetually find somebody willing to make it for him?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Friday, 12th October, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

OSRIC EN Publishing Pathfinder Circvs Maximvs Gygax Memorial Fund The Perturbed Dragon

Ignore Scott DeWar
    ok, how about this:
    I have listed items that won't fill but 10% of the haversack, items he has collected thus far such as expensive material components, we'll say. He has recently "refilled" the haversack for the amount I will determine shortly and list in the content break down at the bottom of the character sheet.

BF - the restriction is for balance. The item creation chart is notoriously and hilariously broken, and I only allow its usage by people who are willing to spend feats and XP, and even then it's case by case.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

Ignore Scott DeWar
    so, 8,300 gp for chariot of the clouds, I see?

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast