An epic superadventure in the 13-14th level range?

Wellby

First Post
Dear Colleagues,

My group is slowly moving into 13th level, and we've very much enjoyed the epic level mission/adventures.

Red Hand of Doom was the best time I've ever had playing D&D. Expedition to the Demonweb Pits also worked well (not AS good, but fun and epic feeling).

Now, in all my searching, the ONLY such item I can find that I could now pursue with the characters would be Anauroch: Empire of Shade. We won't have played the first two in the trilogy, and I'll have to wrestle it into my non Realms, but pretty wide open, world. That said, it definitely looks epic in scale. Mission, travel (like Red Hand), etc.

Can't find too much on the web from those who've played it.

Any advice, and beyond Anauroch, any other superadventure out there I've missed for 13th+ 3.5 D&D?

thanks!

green slime

First Post
City of the Spider Queen? Review from RPGnet here

I do recall playing through it online, with a group of characters at 10th level. It was tough, but not as tough as the reviewer seems to make out. That could be the DM, though. Perhaps it also had something to do with us being around 6 to 8 characters, IIRC.

A better review from ENWorld here

Last edited:

Wellby

First Post
Right, that is the other one I spent time looking at. In the end though, we've just spent a lot of time in the drow world of Lolth, and can't imagine spending that much more time in the Underdark. Add to that, the annoyance of 3.0 stats.

but thanks very much for this first suggestion!

green slime

First Post
You could try Gary Gygax's Necropolis, which should be available on the cheap from Amazon (used hardcover). Haven't run it, and it was years since I gave it an eye-over, so you should check out the online reviews first.

Found an as always informative review by Merric B: here

Last edited:

Wellby

First Post
Having a hard time finding details about City of Brass, especially that epic adventure in book 2?

It sounds like there are ten adventure 'areas' of the city detailed, without stats, that one can link into a superadventure. Is that all it is? I am definitely looking for a clearly laid out epic adventure, and this sounds like it might be a lot of work.

Necropolis on the other hand seems clearly laid out. But super deadly!

Really can't find out much about Black Ice Well, is it about one or two levels of gain, and a largely underground dungeon crawl? (i.e.., perhaps very good, but not the big travel, epic feel?)

anyhow, fantastic suggestions so far!

Wellby

First Post
Have had a look through Necropolis online, and it looks fantastic.

now, it came out in 2002, so 3.0 yes? How hard, how much work, if any, is required to run it in my 3.5 campaign. What do you have to do differently with older material?

Wellby

First Post
And...have now seen city of brass. Looks like a no brainer: beautifully put together, 3.5, 14th to 20th level!

It all seems to be there. Now...to look into purchasing and getting it shipped to Berlin.

tips?

and, is there a review of someone who actually played any of it? no luck so far.

Cromm10k

First Post
IIRC, it will take some work to tie the adventures in the city together but this is quite normal for high level play. The players just have a lot of powerful tools and options at their hands that can derail a to linear plot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases