[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline searches the kitchen for signs of Ines, but if she does not find her she returns to the common room and spots her "companions" speaking to Braz.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Feo asks, "Then what were you running from, fat man? If you know this and are so used to her oddities you had no reason to take off when she did it again. And what did you do to get saddled with her?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano tries his best to not gape at the information provided by Braz. He snaps his mouth closed and straightens.

"I never even suspected such a thing was possible..."

Lano winces at Feo's continued hostility but steps away and fills in Amaline when she returns.

Lano's Sheet

Kaodi

Hero
When Amaline hears the facts about Ines, she becomes resigned and dejected. Dog's mangy fur, what did I ever do to deserve this? Why did I have to take that job? She thinks back on some of the texts she read, trying to remember if any of them even spoke of this sort of magic being possible. In a way it was even scarier than merely erasing memories and controlling minds. Actually creating a remotely controlled person, a sort of avatar...

Braz turns white as a sheet, and shakes his head weakly, clearly not willing to speak of how he got to this state. Amaline doesn't find any sign of Inés in the kitchen, but does recall hearing something vague about the theoretical use of some kind of remote possession spell. How it was done to something that so perfectly mimics being human is quite beyond anything you've heard before, although you may suspect that it involves using a corpse somehow, since creating a human-appearing similacrum is beyond anything you've read about before.

kinem

Adventurer
Stephano is dumbfounded by the strange development regarding Inés.

After a while he finds his voice again, speaking in a low tone. "Braz, do you know anything about our case? Perhaps we could help each other out."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano glances around at the others in the room, those who share his predicament and then pipes up in support of Stephano.

"Braz. You have a problem; we have a problem. My colleague makes an entirely reasonable suggestion: you help us, we help you. What do you say?"

Lano's Sheet

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy to encourage Braz to help us: 1d20+4=19

Also, travel/family time over the next couple of days means I'll likely have little to no time to post until Friday (at the earliest) or Monday (at the latest). Happy Thanksgiving![/sblock]

Rune

Once A Fool
Roderick steps forth with a soothing smile and a friendly hand upon the man's shoulder. With a warm handshake (coupled with the cold touch of a palmed gold coin), he says:

"Come now good man, we can see that circumstances unsettle you, and, indeed, we are unsettled as well. But, we are all friends, here, are we not? You need not worry overmuch. I look after my friends. Is this not so for you all?" This last is directed toward the collected party.

"By the by," Roderick asks of Braz, "did you perchance recognize any of the men who came looking for us, earlier?"

Sorry, guys for being AWOL over the holiday. I came back to a bit of a snag at work that's kept me extraordinarily busy. Give me a day or two to get my head above water and I can think about this thread again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases