[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

The father huffs. "No, I mean merely that if someone has come to harm Inés then that means something very unusual is going on in Porto Liure. Something... troubling."

Amaline, those books are in fact extremely surprising to find in the friar's bookshelf, since they are considered heretical, and in some places, could get the owner hanged or burned at the stake merely for owning them. That he displays them openly--if not exactly brazenly--is very, very odd indeed.

Kaodi

Hero
"H-have you been here a long time?" stammers out Amaline, wondering perhaps if they have inadvertently stepped into the belly of the beast. "Has Bara Gairo seen other, um, troubling things since you, a-arrived? You seem like you would be the, uh, sort of man in the know with such happenings..." Just beneath her questions lies a tidbit she thinks Roderick should know, but it seems her message is once again confused.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano quirks a brow at the priest. This is... unusual.

"Really? You speak of this woman as if she were someone special. <Carrying the black one's bonnet, is she?>"

[sblock=Cant]<Connected, is she?>[/sblock]

Lano's Sheet

The friar shrugs. "I have been here a long time, but I'm not in a position to know anything much of importance. All I have is the long years of observation from the outside. Inés' ties to the Castiadas are not very secret. If someone were to make a move against her specifically, that would be a move against the Castiadas. That would be troubling. That would be a sign of more overt gang warfare in Porto Liure than we've ever seen. And it'll spill out here to the boonies too, no doubt. Well, if something happened to Inés, then it already has spilled out here! You've been away for a few weeks. What news from Porto Liure? This is all evidence--indirect, to be sure--of complete chaos in the city in the last little while. Surely you've heard something?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano glances to the others that have gathered in the small temple but quickly turns his attention back to the friar. He shakes his head.

"No, we have heard nothing. But then, we have been traveling on business in the weeks since we were last here and only briefly passed through Porto Liure before returning here.

"Is it possible,"
he says as he turns to address his companions of circumstance, "that in the confusion of the moment we misapprehended the target of the armed men?"

Lano's Sheet

Kaodi

Hero
"I do not believe so, given the, uh... facts," says Amaline. Coincidence is not something to be dismissed lightly even without supernatural accompaniment. She fidgets.

kinem

Adventurer
"I'm starting to think we did" Stephano admits. "They, uh, might not have pursued him if he hadn't been in the way." We've seen no sign that they came out the back of the inn ...

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"We want answers? Let's find the innkeeper," Feo declares. "Friar, do you know where he might have gotten off to? This is his town, so I'd imagine he'd stick here instead of trying for the port."

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline nearly chokes when she hears the knocking at the door. With the friar here, it may look too suspicious to prepare an ambush. But the young woman figures she can at least make sure Brick and Stephano are in between her and the door.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases