[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano smiles and looks strangely amused at their situation. He shoos the friar away from the door and in the process manages to take the broom from his hands. He holds it in front of his chest as if it were a holy relic itself, takes on a hand-dog look and cracks the door.

Poking his face up to the cracked door Lano stares wide-eyed at the men. "Can I help you? Evening prayers won't begin for half a bell or so..." His eyes are drawn to the clinking bag one of the men hefts. "...but if you are in need of blessing maybe the father could be, ah... persuaded."

Lano's Sheet

"Sorry... are you the friar here? We're just looking for some out of towners. We approached them in the inn to settle accounts," and here he holds up his bag as evidence, "but they ran off out the back door, and appear to have come somewhere this way."

The men walk in, and as their eyes adjust to the dimmer light inside, they give a shout of hey and draw their swords. But they don't move to attack, just eye you all warily.

Kaodi

Hero
"What lands do you come from where it is customary to approach business contacts with arms drawn?" demands Amaline incredulously, doing her best to put on a brave face as she analyzes the three men.

"The lands of Porto Liure, where you can't trust anyone," says one of the three wryly. "In any case, it looks like you did your part, and the job is done. If you don't mind, we'll leave the payment here and leave you to your worship, or whatever it is you're doing in here. Anyone who's got the stones to do what you did makes me too uncomfortable to hang around and chat."

He sets the full money bag on a nearby bench and the three of them begin slowly backing away.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Feo frowns and asks before they leave, "Out of curiosity, what's the word on the street on how the job went? Rumor doesn't always match what really went down and I just want to be clear on what bar stories might be making the rounds."

One of the men grins ferally. "There aren't rumors on the street... there's chaos on the streets. Just as planned. The Sea Lord has even threatened martial law if the gang violence continues unabated."

Kaodi

Hero
What did they make us do?

Amaline closes her eyes for a moment as she thinks. "How well is our role in these events known? I would like to know who is going to be watching for us when, or if, we return to Porto Liure," she asks. "And maybe what parts of the story we need to stay on top of."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases