[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Once the men leave, Feo asks his comrades, "I have a bad feeling about this. How far do you think this coin will allow us to run?" He nudges the sack with his foot.

Kaodi

Hero
"You can never run far enough when you do not know what you are running from," says Amaline with a frown. The young woman moves to pick up the bag and take a look inside so that she can estimate the value of the contents.

"If something is, um, bothering you, friar, uh, maybe you should tell us now..." she adds, glancing at the man before shying away from his intense gaze.

It's a relatively large sack. There's probably close to a thousand gold crowns inside. The friar shrugs and looks away. "You know your own business, no doubt. Clearly you are a much more interesting lot than I thought when you first game through my door."

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline allows herself a small smile at that. "I could say the same for you," she says, gesturing towards the bookcase. "Your collection is not typical for a man of the cloth. I bet you could tell a few interesting stories yourself had we the time to relax awhile."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Feo says, "His stories have to be better than ours, seeing as we can't even remember what it is we are being told we have done, nor the days in between. What kind of wicked sorcery does that?"

With that, the old man's ear's perk up again. "You can't remember the last few days? Now, that is interesting..." He glances at his bookcase briefly.

kinem

Adventurer
Stephano was surprised by the turns of events, as his fellow ... partners in crime, apparently ... confessed everything to the priest.

"Any idea how this was done, Padre?"

The priest pulls a pair of brass spectacles out of a pocket in his habit and puts them on the end of his nose. "Well, there is reference to that kind of magic in a few of my books," he says, grabbing an ancient leatherbound tome. "But I wouldn't have thought that there was anyone in Porto Liure, or anywhere else nearby who could have cast it. Maybe you should ask the Old Man in the Tower, a few miles outside of town here on this island. He doesn't like visitors very much, but if you can convince him to talk to you, he might know more about it than I do."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases