[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

Kaodi

Hero
"Whatever we do, we are bound to be taking risks," says Amaline. "Big risks. If this old man truly is insane, it stands to reason that he would not have made an ideal conspirator in a plan as intricate as seems to have been put into motion. He would have almost certainly introduced an unacceptable element of uncertainty."

The friar shrugs, still listening in on your conversation. "As I understand it, insanity comes with the territory. You want the magic, you get the crazy. Can't have one without the other."

Keep in mind here, the friar is not necessarily speaking with my voice as an authority on the setting. He's got his own opinions, biases and gaps in his knowledge, same as anyone else.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano has been uncharacteristically silent and thoughtful throughout the current exchange. Finally, at Stephano's question, he raises his head and nods.

"I agree with Amaline. Try the old man. I don't see that we have anything to lose and who knows what we might be able to learn."

Lano's Sheet

kinem

Adventurer
"I agree it's worth the risk - but it is a risk, make no mistake.

And don't forget that someone did screw up in the conspiracy. Perhaps an insane old man. How else were we left without the memories, but with the money? I could see it if the money came with a 'friendly' warning not to investigate what happened, but we didn't get one. No, this was not supposed to happen, I think."

Kaodi

Hero
"I find it extremely unlikely a crazy old man would both possess and be willing to part with this much coin," says Amaline. "Those men were sent by someone from Porto Liure, not someone from Bara Gairo. If the payment was a mistake, and I do not think it was, then it could not have been the mistake of the old man. While the motive for sending thralls payment may be obscure, it might easily have been just to deceive underlings not privy to the plan. Or perhaps our employer, from whom we have received payment, was not in fact aware we were bewitched. We need not speculate on this detail for the time being. We should just feel lucky there was some recompense for our unwilling employment."

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline's expression retreats from naked calculation to her more nervous persona as she shifts weight sleightly from one foot to the other. "Um, I-I do not mean to be pushy, but could we, uh, perhaps get moving? I am sure we have taken up enough of the, um, friar's time with our conspiracies..." The young woman looks towards the door as if she expects someone else to make the first move.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Dis is ours?" Brick asks scratching his head. "Let's divide it up."

OOC: Maybe bed then buying a few potions or what not before venturing forward. There is no cleric in this group of thieves.

Remove ads