[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Brick. His name's not Meat, it's Brick," Feo says absentmindedly as he stares across the room at Brick and his somewhat familiar-looking companion. If this was all real and Feo had lost days, it would make sense that he would stick near Brick. And Brick's companion had a stunned and confused look that matched the bewildered thoughts of Feo and the strange woman, Amaline. Somehow she seemed tied to his recent past in more ways than one. The name Stephano pulled at his memory, but who was Roderick? Feo stared at Amaline once more to consider her, "Strange that we were seen together. I have noticed you once before, but can't recall ever working with you, nor anyone who dresses like money like you do." He then walked to join Brick and his companion at their table, smiling at the former. "Brick, I don't know if you caught my conversation over there with Vargas, but maybe you or your friend can explain the strange moon and my not remembering none of the last few weeks. Either way, it's good to see you. Things haven't been going so nice for me of late. Saracens won't be hiring you anytime soon. Hell, not even sure if there are any Saracens but me left." He takes another swig of beer.

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline shrinks back a bit, her courage waning. "Uh, y-yes, thank you, Mr. Vargas." She abruptly stands up from the table and casts about a bit. The man that joined the conversation seemed to recognize her, but she had no idea who he was. He might have had the right idea though; Amaline slinks over to the table with the other two men and sits down, clutching her pack. "Um, hi, Roderick," she says meekly. Turning her head slightly, she asks, "Stephano, right?"

Rune

Once A Fool
Roderick watches silently as events unfold.

After a few minutes, he stands and walks over.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am, as some of you may already know, called Roderick. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. It seems as if we share one mysterious affliction, namely, an apparent collective absence of memory of the past few weeks. I propose that we pool our talents and endeavor to delve to the root of this inconsistency."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano blinks up at the newcomer to their table in surprise, recognition, and no small amount of confusion as the newcomer mentions the strange moon, lost time, and sits and begins a conversation with his brother as if they were old friends.

"What? Who...?"

Mentally berating himself Lano composes himself. If not for repeated shocks and surprises he would have maintained his composure better; he must be getting out of practice for the number one tenet at the Gabia d'Ocell was always show the face the patron wants to see.

"You know each other, I take it?"

With the arrival of the man naming himself Roderick and his proposal offered to their table and the next Lano turns to look him over as well as the woman and the other man, who also seems familiar to Lano.

"We were just discussing the oddity with the moon... I'm Dolan."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"So all of us seem to be missing the same days, yet folks are saying that we were here before and seen together? I'm not one to understand something like this, but I can't say I'm displeased. If I survived this long, maybe some folks who were looking for me have given up the chase and I can return home." Feo smirks grimly into his flask.

kinem

Adventurer
Stephano is alarmed, and his first instinct is to check the he still has the sealed scroll. Of course, he's still in trouble.

"Hi. Yes, I'm Stephano. Who are you?" he asks the girl.

"Feo? I thought you were dead.

"I'm the the same boat as the rest of you seem to be. Maybe someone put a spell on our memories.

Here's what I think: Someone hired us all for a job. Probably promised us a lot of money. We did the job. Instead of paying us, they erased our memories. There were probably other secrets to protect, so screwing us out of our payment was just a bonus.

There's a saying it reminds me of: 'I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you'.

This was no beginner magic. Whoever did this to us could surely have killed us if they'd wanted.

So my guess is that we're better off not investigating the matter too closely."

Kaodi

Hero
The young woman drums her fingers lightly on the table. "My name is Amaline," she says. "We have a, uh, mutual acquaintance. Maybe we can talk about him another time."

Amaline looks around at the assembled personages again. "Your argument is not without merit," she offers. "But it would not be logical to assume that whatever is responsible for our lost time is done with us. If they were, why put us all back here together? Dividing us would better hide their tracks, I would think. Might be wiser to find them before they bewitch us again. I, um, could be wrong though."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Odd? Ok. If you say so brudder than it must be that." the big man says finishing his brothers fish and looking for more crumbs about the plate.

With his attention tuned in towards food he doesn't notice the man til his brother speaks up.

"What? Who...?"

"Fee-O!" Brick shouts out recognizing the dusky skin and chubby cheeks.

"You know each other, I take it?"

"Yes, Fee-O is quick, and fast, and works for the Sar... umm... Scar-kins or sumting. Hello Fee-O." Brick says grinning at his own rhyme.

"We were just discussing the oddity with the moon... I'm Dolan."

"Yeah. It's odd cuze my... my... umm... Dolan is a friend. Not my brudder." The big man says then scratches his head. After a few seconds he grins and looks to Lano smiling. "Cuze my friend Dolan says it's odd."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Feo shrugs at Stephano and says, "Dead? I thought for awhile I might be, too. But if this is the afterlife it ain't so bad, though a bit surreal. If someone enchanted us like you suggest, you would think they would have just killed us off if they were worried about us telling secrets. And why drop us off at a place where we would be recognized and people would tell us that we had been here before? It makes little sense to me, unless, as you say and Amaline suggest, we are to be used again and perhaps this moment together will be wiped from my memory in a few days time once more."

Feo enjoys watching Brick's companion squirm as Brick introduces him. "Hello, not-brother Dolan. If Brick vouches for you, I'm sure you're solid in a pinch. Brick's a good not-brother to have around."

"That's odd that Inés hasn't popped back out. She seemed a bit confrontational with Amaline. Hmmm... I'm sure it's nothing," Feo says as he drinks down another gulp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases