[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano gets to the kitchen only to discover Stephano and Brick are returning to the common room. He steps to the side to let the men pass.

"Brick! Put that down and get your gut-sticker. We got armed men outside. That innkeep slipped out somehow..."

Lano heads the direction the innkeeper went, presuming he saw, when the man slipped away looking for an exit. If the innkeeper went out it was likely armed men were preparing to come in.

Lano's Sheet

Also from the common room is an exit towards the rooms where guests stay. From there, there are windows outside. There's also a small doorway at the end of the guest hallway.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Brick's the only one of us any good against a trained swordsman, but he ain't gonna be able to take on several of the buggers. I think we should escape out the windows and make a break for it. Try and stick together, but if we get separated, we should meet at the harbor at midnight. And what do we have hear? The girl, Ines, staring into space? What are you staring at Ines! This is no time to shut down, girl," Feo exclaims as he roughly grabs her by the back of her bicep in order to snap her out of her trance. He takes a quick look at what she's staring at.

Last edited:

[... examining the interior of the inn more critically for anything that could be used to adjust the terrain to their advantage. Barricade the door? Rig an impromptu trap? Where are the other exits? People I can deal with... I hope.
The exits I just covered; but in terms of other things you could use, there's the typical inn type of stuff--heavy wooden tables, chairs, chandeliers, barrels of ale, a big stone fireplace, etc.

Kaodi

Hero
If I had more time, I could make this place into a fortress.

Amaline pulls out of Feo's grip. "I was thinking," she says defencively. "We run, if the inn is not surrounded. Otherwise we need to make our stand where we can overwhelm and surround them. One at a time, preferably."

"Also, I believe you will find Stephano is capable with a blade," she says. "Just saying," she adds, blinking.

Ah, I thought you were grabbing Amaline to see what she was staring at! When Feo grabs Inés' arm, she falls forward face-down to the floor. She doesn't even blink or react. It's as if she were a vegetable; alive (barely), but completely unaware of any of her surroundings.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano moves quickly down the guest hallway listening carefully for the presence of others in the rooms leading off the hall. His goal is the door at the end of the hall and when he reaches it he cautiously opens it a crack and peeks out being wary of potential swordsmen rushing the door.

Lano's Sheet

Rune

Once A Fool
Roderick strides down the hallway behind Lano, knocking loudly on each of the guest-room's doors as he goes.

No signs of any other guests (to be fair, the inn is often without guests. All of you being here at once is a busy day. The innkeepers patronage is more about giving the locals something to drink at night; keeping bedrooms for guests is a small sideline. Most of those rooms will, in fact, have been the very rooms that you were all collectively staying in.)

There aren't any swordsmen immediately evident outside this back door. In fact, it looks like there's little more than an open field covered with tall weeds that leads off into the distant woods, looking straight out the door. You can see the curve of the village and its houses to your right, though, and if you were to make straight for the woods, you'd be walking through the extended backyards of most of the villagers' houses.

Remove ads