[Hobo's All Rogue Game] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Part I

The padre laughs a bit. "Braz needs help? I don't know that he'll get much around here. He's not well trusted, and nobody is going to want to stick out their neck and cross the Castiadas to help him. Now, what's more curious--what happened to Inés? Braz is of less consequence than she is."

Rune

Once A Fool
Roderick steps forward. "Good day to you, Father. I'm afraid the ruffians have certainly captured her by now, but, alas, I cannot say what they have done to her. Are they likely to do her great harm? Of what consequence do you speak?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brick takes his usual spot by the door.

{{ Watch the door. Watch the door. }} Brick sings to himself as he keeps an eye both in and outside. (if possible)

{{ My brudder says he talks and I look out fir troubles. Always to, Watch the door. Watch the door. }} he continues his song that helps him remember.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lano is interested in the answers to Roderick's questions so he only interjects briefly at the moment.

"She collapsed on the floor and looked... paralyzed with terror."

Lano's Sheet

kinem

Adventurer
"Good evening, father." Stephano looks around the church with a casual yet appraising eye as Lano spins a story for the priest. He tries to see if there's anything interesting among the books.

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline bites her lip. We should have made a run for it. Her gaze follows Stephano's to the bookshelf. If she can not run or pass the time fortifying the chapel for defence, she might as well have a gander at what sort of books the padre likes to keep around.

You don't see any sign of trouble outside; just the quiet sounds of a small village getting ready to end their workday and start their evening.

For those of you looking at the books, you do see a few oddities. Mixed in with books like St. John's Homilies, and The Revelations of The Angel of Ciernavo--scripture you'd expect in a church--you also see The Book of the Black Prince and The Pnakotic Fragments... books you most certainly would not expect to see.

The friar looks a little confused at your account of the behavior of Inés. "Paralyzed in terror? That doesn't seem very likely. I wouldn't worry about Inés. If trouble's come for her, then that's bad news indeed." He seems a bit troubled.

Rune

Once A Fool
Roderick raises an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Bad news for whom, Father? And do you mean to suggest that Ines has skills with which to defend herself?"

While he's at it, he works a simple question into his conversation via Cant: See anything?

Kaodi

Hero
Amaline turns away from the bookshelf and moves a few steps, arms crossed and finger raised to her lips. She appears deep in though. The Book of the Black Prince, The Pnakotic Fragments, what are those about...

Last edited:

Remove ads