BBs Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings (Closed)

BBs

First Post
At the hide and seek booth Wayeen caught the host by super surprise, and jumped with a shock. "But! How? Booth?! What?! Where!? ... Wow, yes, you have won. Just how ..." The host reaches into the pouch where the gold was produced for this contest and for the winner. "Huh ... A lot more donation to this charity than I thought ... here's a bit extra for that performance."

OOC: For that net twenty roll, Dharuhk Svahre gains 5 gold instead of 3, congratulations!

BBs

First Post
Back at the shooting booth, the fine gentleman gazes upon the musket. "A musket you say? Made for shooting? My hunting desires demand the challenge!" He gives Kat three gold, sets his cane to the side, and attempts to position himself with the firearm, he seems to not to have too much trouble with it. He aims, exhales, and misses horrendously! He gives a laugh. "I guess you need a lot of training for it, and perhaps a bigger gun. All in all, twas fun." He gets up, retrieves his walking stick "It occurred to me, not only am I rude in interupting a conversation, but I am also rude to not introduce myself. I am Alderan Foxglove." he gives a bow.

OOC: I hope a 2 doesn't break your gun, hehe X( I've also finally found a picture of him

aldern.jpg

Last edited:

The Joker

First Post
The day before:
Edge had woken up like he had every other day. Shifting from his almost crude bed, he was always awake before the sun came up. Turning so his large feet hit the floorboards, he looked around at what his master had declared to be his room. He was grateful to have been saved by her, and every morning he realized just how lucky he was. being a Nord in these harsh times and being able to live with such comfort was a rare gem for his kind. He was still a slave as almost all Nords are in this land, but given such luxuries as even being able to sleep in a bed let alone having his own room, he was truly blessed.

As he stood and stretched, he accidently punched the roof as he did every morning. It was properly sized for humans, but he was taller, often having to duck under doorframes. As he got dressed [minus stick, bag and hat](sleeping in the nude was as close as the cold of home he could get on this continent) he made sure that his slave tattoo was clear to see and his collar was on straight. With a deep breath, he stepped out and quietly made his way down stairs. He got the small room at the end of the hall right next to his master’s bedroom so he often had to sneak past it to get downstairs and start the daily chores. As he hit the final stair, he relaxed his steps and hurried to the kitchen to do last nights tankards…

Later that day…

Edge was already dripping wet from the soupy water, chatting with a few of the early risers that would dare talk to a nord by the time master Ameiko had made her way down the well worn steps of her inn. As edge saw and greeted her, “Good morning, master.” His he brought his right fist to his chest and dropped to a knee, left find impacting the floor and holding him study. His voice was low and gruff with the standard Nord accent. As she waved him to stand threw a yawn, edge stood up and went back to his chores.

It was just another day at the inn… (better post soon to follow)

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Wayeen managed to add even more gold to his lucky bag. And he was very thrilled about it. There was something about these games that outsiders play that just, makes you feel alive. Not as much as hunting and killing, but at least your doing something. He decided to try his luck and discover another endevor in which to invest his gold. His nose twitched as it picked up a very odd scent.

Very familiar, and yet definatly alien to him. It reminded him of some of the caves back home, filled with something outsiders called "sulpher". They had no use for it. He was surprised to find the scent here. He ventured off until he located the source, an odd shooting gallery. Deciding that this was as good a place as any to wager his hard won cash, he approached the vender, who was currently talking to a beast of a man, and a stranger thing with odd blue tails. Some of these outsiders indeed look strange.

"I would like to give this a try, if I might."

BBs

First Post
Back to Edge and his master, Ameiko Kaijitsu: They listened to the speeches at the start of the ceremony. She then turns to her friend with a friendly and comedic ordering voice "Come in Edge, we'll have to return back to the tavern, we have a lot of work to do for the lunch ... and don't say master!" She gives a slight sigh, not a sigh of stress or pain, but of the hilarity that he won't listen as he has not in the past, and she rather finds it funny that they repeat this over and over. They return to the Tavern getting food ready so that they could get back in time for noon's event and lunch. Ameiko cooks her supreme famous curry-spiced salmon, and readies the tankard filled with early winterdrop mead. She cooks the food, and gives Edge the food with the tankard one trip at a time to their tent at the square. He easily does the task well, and they make their way back to the square to prepare the food even more so.

For everyone else: Father Zantus and his acolytes start wheeling a large covered wagon towards the square, everyone follows with curiosity in their minds as what is in that wagon. They make their way to the square with the wagon in front of the podium. The father steps upon it with the words of religious history of Desna "Long ago before our forefathers existed, and when man and woman was young, Desna first fell to the earth. The fall was painful, and it wounded her, but all was not lost. A blind boy found the ever caring goddess and nursed her back to health and saved her. For his efforts and reward, she turned him into an immortal butterfly to travel the world and spread Desna's word." With that Zauntus pulled back the wagon's cover and thousand of swallowtail butterflies fly out and swarm into the air, spiraling in a riot of colour. A great cheer is emitted from the crowd, and the children spend their time in futile to catch them.

Foreveryone: Lunch is served for free at the expense of Sandpoint's taverns. Each brings its best dishes to promote the taverns, and feed a crowd of hungry people. The Hagfish serve their lobster chowder, and the White Deer serve their peppercorn, but they are overshadowed and lost to Ameiko Kaijitsu's remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead. People bunch around the Rusty Dragon's tent for seconds. This goes till sun set as the people enjoy the food, drinks, dancing, and any other entertainment there is.

As the sun sets: Father Zauntus takes the stage to begin another speech. Our adventerous party being near the podium to get a better hearing this time. He uses a thunderstone to gain everyone's attention. A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads tirn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises-high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray doge gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

"Goblins chew and Goblins bite.
Goblins cut and Goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and Goblins jump
Goblins slash and Goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be Goblins! You be food!"

OOC: Clear whatever conversations you have, and whatever roleplay you have before the battle begins just end the post with how you're entering combat, and roll for initiative. Five goblins scurry out from under a cart North West where the party is standing in front of the podium at aboot 40 feet away. Knowledge local works on goblins.

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Wayeen was annoyed at the vender of the shooting booth. He was ignored as rat thing instead conversed with the blue human. He took the gold he was gonna throw at the event and instead wandered off to go find something to drink. He spent the rest of the day sitting off by himself, his tolerance for contact with others drained by the rudeness he had been subject to. When he heard the screams, he was reluctant to venture forth. But the ruckus soon annoyed Wayeen to the point that he needed to go see what it was. He crept his way from the outskirts of town, keeping himself hidden in case of danger.

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
After realizing a few problems with his shooting gallery, Kat takes a quick lunch, then recreates the range running it until the evening sermonies. He stands near the front, his short stature requiring it.

[sblock=ooc] I will change the range to 165' the target to tiny and set it up so that it swings back and forth. I up the prize by 5 gold and if some one wants to shoot for fun I stop the swinging. I need to know how many people try so I can drop my ammo accordinly. I clpse when 18 more people fire or when some one wins I need some ammo left over and I can't afford to pay out twice.. The ac is now 3 with a minus 13 for a medium creature. Also a roll of 1-2 is a miss fire and brakes the weapon auto miss. It takes me nothing but a move action to fix ot. I'll need to know what kind of surface I'm standing on earth, stone or what not for my actions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
After a short chat with the man in blue and the Rat (Who seemed very jumpy), Behemoth continued wandering, enjoying the sights and then the food. He was one of the few who didn't rave about the salmon - Spicey foods did not agree with him - But the winterdrop mead was excellent.. almost as good as the stuff they'd made back home..
He watched the sun set with a contented sigh and removed his glasses. Though being out during the day was not as painful for him as some of his people, he did prefer the night. It was the time of the gargoyles, and it made him feel more comfortable.

And then the screaming started..

Behemoth growled as he realized what was happening.. If there were one race in all the world that truly earned and deserved the prejudice aimed at them, it was GOBLINS.

Looking over to Rat, seated nearby, he spoke in a low, angry voice. "Get your gun." Before stepping towards the goblins and letting loose a mighty roar. "LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

OOC: Low initiative so I'll wait to post an actual action till after the goblins go.
AC: 14 (flat footed), HP: 14

Last edited:

saphyre_wolf

First Post
When altira hears the sound of the dogs whimper she turns from her meal to see the goblins and lets out a loud howl (her battle cry) "aaawwoooo" ending with a blood curdling growl from her throat and gets ready to charge them

The Joker

First Post
Common knowledge of the Nords:
The knowledge of the Nords is bias as the war in the north rages. The paranoid races of humans and there allies and the proud elves have tarnished the name and image of the Nords beyond repair. All Nords no matter what deeds they do, god or bad, are discriminated against in the worst kind of ways. And as such, a few key sayings about them have completely circulated about them, from the slavers to even the common folk. Although there are many versions of them based on culture and language, here are the 5 most common:
Nords are of far away: Nords are hunters and savages by nature; they are not to be trusted as they are both stupid yet clever.
Nords be chained: all Nords are either slaves or spies, as the war in the north is still raging; all Nords seen on the mainland are seen as one of the two and are never trusted.
Nords are mighty: Nords are both very strong and naturally hard to kill and as such, are expected to be kept in chains.
Nords are better then dogs: although they are widely known to be untrust worth, if you gain the respect of a Nord you can trust him with your life (keep in mind, they are still to be chained) but Nords once trusting are loyal unto death.
Nords are kind: despite how they are treated, all Nords are known for there kind hearts. Many believe this is a cover for there escape or a trick to lull there owner into a false since of security, but none can argue that you could beat a Nord for an hour and he would still smile. Many find this trait unnerving while others want a Nord slave just for this trait.

festival day:

The morning came as it always did for edge. As he rose, he knew that the festival was going to be today and the tavern would be closed for the morning so he decided to skip the morning chores and tidied his room instead. Putting on his almost ceremonial cloths (fur made from the skin of a dire white wolf he had killed to save his master while they where first adventuring together) he decided to bring weapons. After all, many people means lots of thieves. As he searched high and low (it had been a while since he had needed them) he uncovered his old display he had made ages ago. On a solid wooden plaque he had mounted the star knife with the two kukris that where all sized for him that he used to use in the arena. As he gently ran his fingers across the side of the blade, he could almost feel the wet blood and arena sand on his fingers. Shaking his head, he didn’t want to remember those days, he turned away and found his large daggers under his bed and hid them in the furs, but not before being careful to make sure the weapon wires where connected to his wrist to unsure he would not drop them.

As he gave a stretch, he made sure he was presentable and turned his collar, it always got spun around while he slept. Stepping out into the dark tavern, he started his usual routine. By the time Ameiko woke he had all the festivities ready and the mead ready to be served knowing full well that he had to be at there best. The festival was beyond a busy day by edge’s books. The morning started with the kitchen full of staff, from the two cooks called in to help Ameiko in the kitchen to him and a another servant left to set up the tent and bring all the food and supplies from the inn to the tent even before the festival was even started. But all where relived as they where ready even before the speech was given by father Zauntus. Once it was finished, edge followed his master back to the inn and started to get the carts of food and barrels of mead to the tent. It was a fun and chatter filled day as even edge found himself smiling from time to time (slaves where not to smile unless instructed) as he served everyone to the best of his abilities. It was a good thing he had worn his furs as he found it hot out but it didn’t hinder his movement like his tunic did, which saved more then one bowl of salmon.

By the time the sun was setting he was ready for a rest after his hard days work. He knew better then to ask as his master would let him rest when he was allowed to do so, but a Nord was strong and he would do so only when she let him. (Not that she wouldn’t, as she was a kind soul) as he gathered up another round of dishes, Ameiko gives him a nod and motions him to the podium for the speech. It was a little quark she had, making him listen to speeches for her. As he settled near the podium he crouched down so as not to block anyone’s view, as the crack of the thunderstone silences everyone, edge’s ears rung. He hated loud noises. Shaking his head he tried to listen but suddenly people started looking around in a panic. Ears still ringing, he looked to the source of the looks and saw a dog lying in a pool of blood. Just as his blood began to boil (edge loves dogs) his hearing returned, and he did not like what he heard.

"Goblins chew and Goblins bite.
Goblins cut and Goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and Goblins jump
Goblins slash and Goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be Goblins! You be food!"

Stepping between the people and the small green being, he drew his knives (two large daggers) and prepared for a fight. Before he could even speak a word others stepped forward and looked ready for combat, one of two he recognized from serving him mead earlier. With a slight smile the massive Nord bellowed loud and charged the green critter.

FOR FROSTKNELL!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases