Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum

Itâ??s time to play a game! Jon gives you some images of six giants, and you can choose which giant you think each one depicts. Youâ??ll have some help by way of descriptions, though, so youâ??re not going into this blindly. Are you ready to give this a shot?

Read Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum on D&D Insider here!

tlantl

First Post
I'm really hoping that those aren't the finished product.

I'm guessing that Mr. Wyatt was talking about minimal pigs and cows if the hill giant is 3 times the height of a man.

( minimal pg 83 1e MM2 )

Raith5

Adventurer
I'm really hoping that those aren't the finished product.

I'm guessing that Mr. Wyatt was talking about minimal pigs and cows if the hill giant is 3 times the height of a man.

( minimal pg 83 1e MM2 )

Especially D and E. The Firegiant (D) looks like a batsman playing the sport of cricket.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
A looks like a half-orc.
B looks like a titan, but mostly because of the lighting-bolt sword.
C looks like a frost giant.
D looks like a shaved dwarf.
E looks like a human.
F looks like a giant caveman.

So, 2 1/2 (titans are large, but not quite a giant) out of 6.

Yora

Legend
I feel like a grognard when I say I want them to look just like they did in 2nd and 3rd Edition.

I want everything to look like in 2nd and 3rd Edition. ^^

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
If fire giants don't care about aesthetics, why does the fire giant's armor look so nice? If frost giants are immune to cold, why is the frost giant wearing so much fur? The visuals don't match the story elements.

And I know if Mr. Schindehette reads this, he'll say "Aha, but you did recognize which image was which race!" Yes, but only because the fire giant had dark skin and the frost giant had a Viking helmet.

I'd be more than willing to accept F as a frost giant, but the description all but flat-out says that it's the stone giant, so :/

Overall, though, I like the concepts. I think F has my favorite proportions, and E is a perfect hill giant. :)

(and shouldn't giants' weapons be proportionally smaller?)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases