Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum

And the Storm giant doesn't give me much of a feeling of nobility, honor, or ennui that I read in Wyatt's description. It just looks like a heavily-armed elderly person who seems to be angry about something (perhaps Kids These Days or Technology).
No doubt that's an affectation. Adventurers feel kinda bad about beating on an old man, so they just stand there kinda embarrassed while he tells them to get off his lawn, then they grudgingly say, "C'mon, Pops. Let's get you home."

Steely_Dan

First Post
I feel like a grognard when I say I want them to look just like they did in 2nd and 3rd Edition.

I want everything to look like in 2nd and 3rd Edition. ^^

For me it's the 1st Ed Monster Manual (one of the greatest D&D books of all time), each one drips with vibe.

Obryn

Hero
For me it's the 1st Ed Monster Manual (one of the greatest D&D books of all time), each one drips with vibe.
I always preferred MMII, myself. :) No idea why - it's got crazy stuff like the Wolf In Sheep's Clothing. But it also has Cat Lords, Baphomet, and other awesome stuff. That book grabbed my ten-year-old brain and held it in a chokehold.

-O

Animal

First Post
This test was poorly thought out and will yield misleading results.
It's easy for people to guess who is who just comparing the drawings, but it is obvious that the artist failed to nail most of the giant archetypes.
If the drawings were presented separately, i wouldn't guess most of them. For example, imagine you're showed drawing A first. Without seeing other drawings for comprehension, i could assign A to cloud, ice or stone giants. Then B.. storm, ice or even fire? Only when i saw C i was like "ice giant, bingo". D - what the hell is that? A half-orc, half-ogre, exceptionally ugly azer? E is obviously a hill giant because he looks like greater oligophrenia elemental. And F - gorlum?
So yeah... Just because we can use our comprehension skills to guess the giants, doesn't mean we recognize all of these depictions as iconic.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases