Which class doesn't fit into YOUR fantasy campaign?

Which class doesn't fit into YOUR fantasy campaign?

• Barbarian

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Bard

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Cleric

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Druid

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Monk

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Paladin

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Ranger

• Sorcerer

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Wizard

• Other

Votes: 20 35.7%

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Following the monk debate in that other thread, I got to wondering just which classes don't fit into your campaign. In my campaign, I've allowed all the "base" classes. They all just seem so fun!

Edit: You can select more than one class in this poll.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Well I voted for 'other' but really I allow all the base classes from the PHB.

I figure the world I run is big enough to handle all these classes. There has to be somewhere that a given class could come from (including Monks - just because I play in a European-type campaign doesn't mean there wouldn't be one monkish order devoted to the martial arts - I mean why not?)

I try to give my players as many options as possible so they can play the character they want rather than conform to any silly restrictions I may want.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
99% of the prestige classes don't do it for me, but out of the standard classes... perhaps monks, I edit them so that they have no Ki Strike (they gain some martial weapon proficiency feats in any slashing sword instead)

Rav

BluWolf

Explorer
I voted other as most classes have been redone to reflect my cosmology.

Fighters, Babarians and rogues are unchanged.

Rangers got the obligatory rewrite.

Clerics have been rewritten based upon thier particular theology. They have now been redone as Priests, Warlocks, and Shaman.

Druids have been altered to a 5 element sort of theology, (they now have access to the Magic domain).

Monks have been rewritten as athiest philosophers with a penchant for arduous physical and metaphysical conditioning.

Sorcereres got a major rewrite while wizards got a tweak.

Bards and rangers lost spell casing and were modified to accomodate.

Paladins were changed into a presitge class.

Dalenthas

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
What is other? You've got all the core classes already...

Impossible. There are 11 core classes and only 10 possible options, including other. Thus there are 9 up there meaning he missed 2 of the classes.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I voted for Cleric and Druid, because of my world's mythology and they've been replaced by PrCs for different Priestly chapters which each worship the same god, just in different ways.

Also, Wizards, Sorcerors, Psions, Rangers, Monks and Bards have all gotten rewrites. The Wizard and Sorceror have gotten complete overhauls while the rest have been slightly altered.

Fighters, Barbarians and Rogues are the only ones to be used unchanged.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Joshua Dyal said:
What is other? You've got all the core classes already...

I only had 10 choices for the poll. So I had to clump Other, Fighter, and Rogue into one option. I guess I should have made it: "Fighter, Rogue, or Other (Specify below)."

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
BiggusGeekus said:
Do psi-guys count?

I kept the main selections to those in the PHB as, I assumed, everyone has at least a passing familiarity with them.

But, I don't see any reason to exclude any class that you'd care to mention.

And to add, I use all the classes out of the PsiHB, though to a lesser degree because WotC's CharGen doesn't support them and my players are lazy bastards....

I wonder if they heard that... ::: gazes around fearfully. :::

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases