• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm just curious how you found out about the site. For the purposes of this poll, I'm "lumping together" EN World with Eric's old site, so if you migrated from Eric's, read the question as "How did you find EN World/Eric's Site?"

I'm sure I'll miss some options, so if you don't see yours, please select "Other" and specify in the thread itself. Also, if you could specify what drew you here in the first place (reviews? looking for info on a publisher?), that would be cool.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
shadowlight said:
I filtered over from Eric Noah's Third Edition News... I started that obsession back in 2000 :)

There definitely should have been a dedictated "from Eric Noah's Third Edition News" option :)

Edit: Forgot to mention what brought me here: I'd say it was the news first, reviews second.

Last edited:

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I kind of remember hearing rumors of 4rd Edition coming out. I was poking around and kind of stumbled on Eric Noah's old boards and have just been around. Granted when I voted the option migrated from old boards wasn't there. ;)

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
WotC...

I used to post-n-lurk a great deal at the WotC boards. I'd stop by here occassionally but for some reason it never stuck. About a half year ago I found these boards to have much better threads, suggestions and attitudes. I found many more helpful people here and the attitudes of the mods reminded me of a large site I used to run. I no longer feel the need to return to the WotC boards. * hats off *

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
I picked up an obsession with Eric's site sometime in, oh... March of 2000? Yeah, sounds about right. A bit off topic, but does anyone remember a user that had a scraggly tree for their sig? I seem to remember that one quite vividly, and I'm not sure why...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I suppose I should mention how I got here. Obviously, I migrated from Eric's site -- I found that site when the first 3E Dragon articles were running. Search engine, stumbled across the site. Took me about 6 months to start hanging out on the messageboards, though - I originally came for the news. I stayed for the messageboards. Then I started wanting to do some stuff myself and, well - the rest is history. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases