• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

the Jester

Legend
Darkness said:
Migrated from Eric's site, of course.

And I found a link to Eric's site in a post on WotC's mailing list (or maybe message boards) way back when (i.e., almost a year before the release of 3e).

Wow, that's exactly my story too. I kept seeing links to Eric's site mentioned on the WotC mailing list, so I checked 'em out... I would check for news on the allegedly-upcoming 3e every day, and after a while I discovered the message boards. Then I kept the faith when he passed the torch to Moruss, and I'm glad I did.

Terraism

Explorer
d'Anconia said:
Yeah, I came from Eric's old site, got there about 6 months before it was transferred over. is there really a color named snarf? [EDIT - I guess there is! cool}

How about Thundercats?

Or Mumra?

Or Panthro

Lionel
Hehe - someone was thinking the same thing.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
hmm, that is a diffucult question, as more than one answer applies. ;) let's see... i found the Creature Catalog through a search engine, then after checking that site a lot, i discovered eric noah's site and its message boards (or was it ENWorld already at that point? heh, i dunno), then followed it to its inevitable conclusion here at ENWorld. and maybe more of them apply to me. ;)

The It's Man

Explorer
I migrated from Eric's.

I got that link when I signed up with the GM's Friends Network(tm), it only cost me $10 more, and it has been worth it :).

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
I believe I found it on the links at Necromancer Games, but I'm not sure.

I found Necromancer Games on the web when I did, out of the blue more or less, a google search for 'Gygax' and NG's site came up, advertising the then upcoming product Necropolis. At the time I hadn't played D&D in years and didn't know much about third edition

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Well, I been here before most of you little whipper snappers...

I found out about 3e about the time I had totally given up on D&D and was going to create my own game. I went to the WotC site, but they had very little info, so I did a Yahoo search. (Yes, it was so long ago that searching on Yahoo actually gave results!) And I found Eric's site.

And promptly lost it again. I made another search (on Lycos this time) and found the site again under its new hosting. I've been here ever since, though I haven't posted much for over a year now.

Remove ads