• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

diaglo

Adventurer
i spend my spare time on D&D boards. i found Eric's site way back when.

i ha(u)ng out mostly on the WotC board/ list and pointed people to Eric. i now point them here.

Azure Trance

First Post
When I was into Shadowrun at Dumpshock.com I found a link there posted by someone about ENWORLD with him saying it was for all his DnD needs...

seasong

First Post
Web search. I was looking for sites with a few feat write-ups as a possible resource for a setting I was playing with.

Who could have guessed? :D

MEG Hal

First Post
OOPS--I came over from Eric Noah's (duh) but I put came from another site because I found Eric's through another site--please edit my vote, sorry :D

Either way I love ya Morrus!!!

KDLadage

Explorer
Migrated from Eric's Site

However, how I got to Erics site was rather cool. I had never heard of it -- sorry Eric -- and was (for the most part) oblivious to most things d20. I read the bit on the Wizards site about the Open Gaming concept and began a conversion of my Umbragia campaign material (at that time written in FUDGE) into d20.

As the release data for the main book was approaching, Bob Huss dropped me a line over on the Pyramid Boards informing me of a discussion dealing with the Umbragia setting over on Eric Noahs baords... I checked them out and became a rather regular member ever since...

Thanks Bob!

And thanks go out to Eric and Morrus for a fine job and a great couple of web sites.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I got to EN World from Eric's ... er, I mean "my" ... old site. :)

My first real memory of dealing with Morrus and EN World was the whole Daemonforge thing and how they were asking for their own forum on my boards. I was happy to oblige. Since then I watched as he demonstrated his considerable organizational and people skills. I actually remember thinking, "My god, this guy could crush me if he decided to become a rival." :) I then tried to get him over to RPGPlanet as a hosted site, but there were technical difficulties with that. And then the thing that really solidified our relationship was his willingness to coordinate the ENnies -- our sites became inextricably linked after that. He was, then, the obvious and really "only" choice when I retired.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I discovered Eric site in Spring 2000, and since then went there (and now I come here) every day I connect to the net.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hi, I'm charter member #40 of the "Eric Noah Unofficial Fan Club," Founded September, 1999 :D

Little did I know I was sitting in the same audience with Eric the day Gencon 1999 announced the 3rd edition of D&D. When I came home, I scoured the 'net for anything I could find on this game - and there was Eric, recently from Gencon himself, having already created his rumors page, along with his grandiose plan to set up a conversion site for all the old 1E and 2E stuff, for when 3E came out.

Three years later, I'm still coming to the #1 site on the 'net for 3E and d20 News and info, but it's not the primary reason. The Message board community, originally added as an almost afterthough-like capacity, was the reason I've stayed the whole time. (God, those original boards were some crappy software!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases