• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

EricNoah

Adventurer
Henry said:

Little did I know I was sitting in the same audience with Eric the day Gencon 1999 announced the 3rd edition of D&D.

Age has adled your mind, dear friend. I didn't go to that GenCon! I had to have scoopers send me info like what was on the "Big Announcement" t-shirt, etc. And I didn't actually start my site until a few days after the Big Announcement.

BTW, in 2000 at GenCon, Henry was one of the first "fans" I met in person, along with Coik and Piratecat and PA. Gosh, that was a long time ago...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EricNoah said:

My first real memory of dealing with Morrus and EN World was the whole Daemonforge thing and how they were asking for their own forum on my boards. I was happy to oblige.

Wow - blast from the past. I remember sending you those news announcements. :)

Since then I watched as he demonstrated his considerable organizational and people skills. I actually remember thinking, "My god, this guy could crush me if he decided to become a rival." :)

Bah! Nonsense! There are things that you are unquestionably better at than I am. You're better at the rumour-ferreting (that sounds dodgy), and you're definitely better as a messageboard admin than I am - I get impatient with people much too quickly. I'm just lucky you, PC etc. are still here! :)

Hey, you remember when EN World first got it's hosted forums here (after the Daemonforge forum - or the "World Creation Forum" as it was known at the time)? We were moving some threads and somebody got into a real tizzy about it - as far as I remember, their main beef was that we weren't doing it sneakily enough... who was that?

In the end, that prompted the creation of the D20 System Games forum.

Last edited:

jdavis

First Post
Found a link to this site on the short lived E-tools board at the Fluid website. I have to thank e-tools for being so buggy or I would of never started searching around for information. This place is more adictive than smoking, and most people here are actually friendly and helpful (a rarity on the internet) and able to carry on decent discussions.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Way back when..

I type in Dungeon and Dragons 3rd Edition into a search engine. Got to a post from Eric's website and the rest is history.

Henry

Autoexreginated
EricNoah said:

Age has adled your mind, dear friend. I didn't go to that GenCon! I had to have scoopers send me info like what was on the "Big Announcement" t-shirt, etc. And I didn't actually start my site until a few days after the Big Announcement.

I could have sworn I remember one of your original pages around August of 1999 said that you had "just come back from Gencon" with news of that announcement. Huh.

And I do remember searching the 'net and finding your site soon after my return.

I blame the space aliens and their damnable mind-probes... :mad:

1999 was the first time I met Gary Gygax, also (at a Greyhawk seminar) - that part I DIDN'T forget!

BTW, in 2000 at GenCon, Henry was one of the first "fans" I met in person, along with Coik and Piratecat and PA. Gosh, that was a long time ago...

Yes, it certainly was. I miss Gencon, and long to return next year. The ability to simply "Geek out" in the presence of Tens of Thousands of gamers is beyond compare. :)

JDragon

Explorer
Well, I like allot of other people here came over from Eric's site.

I found his first rumors site with in less than a week after the big anouncement and have been here ever since. (the only other D&D message board I use at all is Monte's and thats mainly for the RTTTOEE forum)

I haven't ever gotten a huge post count on any version of the boards, but I've been here thru it all. (I think my 140 now is the highest for me yet.)

I also did alot of advertising for eric's rumors site during the spring of 2000 as I was working at the local game store and would refer anyone with ?'s about the "new" edition to the site for all the info. (and still send anyone with D&D ?'s here as offten as possible.)

JDragon

orbitalfreak

First Post
Many moons ago, I typed "Dungeon Dragon" in a Lycos search engine and came across this horrendously-long title by the name of "Eric Noah's Unofficial Third Edition Dungeons and Dragons News" (or whatever it was). "Third Edition?" I asked?

And then I became hooked on the news, scoops, and my favorite: the rumours! After a few months (I arrived about the same time the site started), I migrated to the message boards and lurked for a year before posting.

Like many others, I was shocked when I saw that "Closing Soon" message all in red, but was relieved when Morrus decided to take over the site (thanks!). I had never visited ENWorld before then (except for an occasional link to a story or two), though now I wish I had.

...Ahh, memories...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases