[OOC] Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind comments!

Dr Simon, Blue is Anhoi. What is/are the starting languages for humans? Also, what's the starting gold for a shaman? I've seen the pdf of the shaman on the creative conclave site & the changes you posted in the first post of this thread; are there any other changes that you have that I need to know about?

Edit: The shaman pdf gives a list of (3.5e) orisons and says that all are known. I'd kinda like to modify to match PF spontaneous casters by limiting number known following the chart for oracles (using the list for druids) but allowing unlimited casting of those known orisons.

Another PF-ization I'd like to ask about is changing hit die from d6 to d8. 3/4 BAB classes like cleric and oracle have d8 hit die in PF. Would it be ok to change the shaman to match?

Edit2: I took Magical Talent (Prestidigitation) as a trait. I was wondering if you would allow me to reskin that power as coming from numerous minor household/forge spirits or shay that Blue can call upon.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Pending answers to my above questions and purchasing equipment which I'm just too tired to do right now Blue is done and added to the Rogues Gallery.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Thanks for the kind comments!

Dr Simon, Blue is Anhoi. What is/are the starting languages for humans? Also, what's the starting gold for a shaman? I've seen the pdf of the shaman on the creative conclave site & the changes you posted in the first post of this thread; are there any other changes that you have that I need to know about?

Starting languages for humans is Low Imperial, plus any regional language they may have (Anhoi is so anciently Imperial that it doesn't have a language of its own). Regional tongues would be Dron, Thell and Oksan, plus other from further afield. Hmm... probably need a list of languages somewhere; I'll work on that.

Edit: Added some languages to the first post in this thread.

Starting gold - not sure I mentioned this but it's maximum for all characters. I realise that there's no mention on the Shaman PDF of money at all, I think they'd be on a par with summoners and wizards, thus 2d6x10 giving 120 gp starting (or 12,000 yen)

Edit: The shaman pdf gives a list of (3.5e) orisons and says that all are known. I'd kinda like to modify to match PF spontaneous casters by limiting number known following the chart for oracles (using the list for druids) but allowing unlimited casting of those known orisons.

Yes, that makes sense. The most straightforward conversion would be to use the 0th level slots as number known as at-will powers, then choose from the Shaman list given, but I've not gone through all of the PF spells, if you feel there are some others that could be added, go for it.

Another PF-ization I'd like to ask about is changing hit die from d6 to d8. 3/4 BAB classes like cleric and oracle have d8 hit die in PF. Would it be ok to change the shaman to match?

Yes, fine with this.

Edit2: I took Magical Talent (Prestidigitation) as a trait. I was wondering if you would allow me to reskin that power as coming from numerous minor household/forge spirits or shay that Blue can call upon.

Sounds good to me!

@Voda, as far as I can tell the character looks mechanically sound, looking good.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
With Voda Vosa bringing a front line fighter on-board, I'm thinking of changing Mal's focus to ranged. I still like the backstory, race . . . pretty much everything about him. But an archer was my original concept, and I took the Barbarian mainly to fill that front line fighter role.

I'm looking at a Fighter with the Archer archetype, making a big deal of the Thell Longbow he carries.

Does anyone have objections to this change for Mal?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Also, Dr. Simon, I'm working on re-fluffing the Oread for Creative Conclave. Only slightly - changing the race name and starting languages. Setting them up as humans with some touch of Edraldi in their ancestry (rather than the touch of Earth Elemental/Shaitan djinni from Pathfinder's Golarion setting).

This is driven primarily by selfish motives. I use HeroLab to keep up with my characters, and I have to make custom files to account for house rules.

My working name for Creative Conclave Oreads is DaQan ("Earth Touched"). Starting languages are set to Low Imperial (Common) and Edraldi. Is this acceptable to you?

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
With Voda Vosa bringing a front line fighter on-board, I'm thinking of changing Mal's focus to ranged. I still like the backstory, race . . . pretty much everything about him. But an archer was my original concept, and I took the Barbarian mainly to fill that front line fighter role.

I'm looking at a Fighter with the Archer archetype, making a big deal of the Thell Longbow he carries.

Does anyone have objections to this change for Mal?

No objections, here. I just wanted to say thanks for being willing to change your character concept a bit for the team. I'm glad it worked out so that you could go with your original idea, but it's cool that you were willing to be flexible to help everyone out.

Looking forward to playing with this group!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases