[OOC] Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm thinking he'll still carry his greataxe, but front-line or not we can play "who killed the most!" Maybe even argue (amicably) about which is the better strategy :D.

GlassEye

Adventurer
...list of languages...

Excellent! Thanks. Would it be appropriate for Blue to have been taught Shromic or is that more of a language of arcanists? I did take Themnassic already since his spiritual mentor is salsham'ai.

...Starting gold...

Yes, that makes sense. The most straightforward conversion would be to use the 0th level slots as number known as at-will powers, then choose from the Shaman list given, but I've not gone through all of the PF spells, if you feel there are some others that could be added, go for it.

The only difference in the lists (shaman & druid) is the removal of 'cure minor wounds' and replacing it with 'stabilize' (that I remember, it's early and I haven't slept yet).

I'll get Blue finished up first thing after I get a few hours sleep. Thanks!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shromic would be fine. There was some discussion back when River Kingdoms started (because one of the first characters wa a salsham'ai shaman) about the difference between Shromic, Spiritspeech and other Arcane languages. The answer was ... er, we don't know!

By my reckoning everyone is mechanically sorted, just [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] to provide background, which you can add in play if you prefer. I've got a busy period at work at the moment, but I hope to start an IC thread by the end of the week, so watch this space!

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Working on my third draft for background.

Kind of been going in circles with it and reading all the Conclave info slowed me a bit.

But am off THUR so I plan to get all my ideas sorted and everything posted by then - Did I miss the RG? Will go back looking if I did.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Added character and background...

[sblock=Background] My first memory will always be of staring into the fire. When I was young, I was a shepherd. And I would sit staring into the flames as they danced and listen to the headsman tell of stories of our history, of great sorcerers, and of beasts so queer they could only be make believe. I saw all those stories come to life in the flames.

When I could hold a bow the headsman tried to train me to be a hunter, though I did not shot as true as some. But even so I could track and stalk, and when necessary scare the prey towards the true huntsmen. And still I would sit all night by the fire and watch as the flames showed me the stories coming to life.

On my name day the headsman called me to the fire alone and bid me to tell him what I saw in the flames. At first I could see nothing and I told him I only see the stories, that he must tell a tale for me to "see" it. Shaking his head he told me look deeper and not just with my eyes. I saw only one thing that night. A city on a river and a yellow stone that brought forth great despair, famine, and death. He told me that if I did not seek out the secrets of that vision then it would come to pass.

Now years after my name day, I am a neither shepherd nor hunter, I am a Seeker. And what I have searched for all these years is within my reach.[/sblock]

Question is a Thell longbow normal or are we to use the rules from the Conclave?

Thell Longbow
The Thell longbow is never sold to outsiders, only granted as a gift for great favors. Made from composite materials, it is the most powerful bow known on Conclave and requires a Strength bonus of at least +1 (Str 12 or more) to use. Mighty versions of this bow are also known, usually crafted for clan headmen and warriors. The cost of these are calculated normally, e.g. +100 gp (10,000 yen) per point of Strength bonus. A mighty (+1) Thell longbow, for example, would be worth 300 gp (30,000 yen) and cause 1d10+1 damage.

Code:
               Cost     Damage(M) Critical    Range   Weight  Type
Thell Longbow  200 gp    1d10     19-20/x2    130 ft   4 lbs   P
The Thell longbow is a martial ranged weapon that requires two hands to use, but can be used whilst mounted. Elite Thell warriors learn how to use it from the back of an eagle.

HM

Dr Simon

Explorer
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION], yes, use the rules for Thell longbows that you posted. Note that it's a martial weapon and, as a bard, He-Mit wouldn't be proficient but weren't you thinking of MC'ing into ranger?

Also, do you and Mowgli want to set up a prior relationship between your characters as two natives of Thellingerstan?

Remove ads