[OOC] Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

slobster

Hero
I'm going to be out of touch today, so in case things get busy in the IC thread and I'm not there to move things along, Bi will focus on using sleep hexes to bring one of those mysterious men down, then tie them up or otherwise disable them while they are asleep. He has a cure light wounds and shield prepared. If the opportunity presents itself, he will pursue the men or the fleeing waitress, using his familiar Scraps to aid in the chase. He is also willing to use cure on the fallen man in the yellow sash, if that becomes necessary to save his life.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I will probably be out of circulation until next Wednesday, so expect a bit of a pause.

You may have noted that I'm going by posting order rather than initiative for this first round, just to keep things moving, but will (probably) adjudicate things according to initiative order next time around.

GlassEye

Adventurer
For the record, the animate rope trick would have worked but Mowgli got there first. I try as much as possible to go for the "yes, and..." approach used in improv rather than halt things with "yes, but..." unless some major perceptual disjunction comes up.

Ok, this situation is bugging me (more than I think it really should, so I think a few RL things are making me a bit more sensitive to this than normal) so I'm just gonna lay out my thoughts and feelings. We're still feeling things out as a group and as players to GM so I'm still unsure how much authorial independence I have. That's why I posted my plan in a bit of text like I did instead of describing it as Blue's action and assuming it succeeded. Plus, shaman abilities/spells are limited and I didn't want to act and later have the GM say 'didn't work & you used your spell'. So I admit it bothers me when you say, 'Mowgli got there first' because from my point of view he didn't.

Since my plan was posted and available for everyone to read I feel it should have been taken account of in subsequent posts. When Blue has a speedier plan he wouldn't stand there and wait half a minute while Mal took the slower mundane way especially when time was a consideration. It was assumed Blue gave the rope to Mal, it could have just as easily been assumed that Blue interrupted before Mal went to such lengths and filled him in on his intention. I could have posted a 'Blue interrupts Mal when he begins tying the rope to the grapple...' post but I dislike that sort of post; I feel it is inconsiderate to the person who's written the post to have it circumvented like that so I try to do it as little as possible.

Also, if other players are bored they can write a post and get involved in the game. As it stands right now I have no idea how many characters are in the group (see below). Perhaps the issue is that my posting expectations aren't the same as everyone else's. I don't remember if we discussed this when the game was getting started but if you reminded us about what you expect for frequency, etc., Dr Simon, I could revise my expectations accordingly and likely have a more enjoyable experience. (I've looked around a bit. It seems HolyMan and slobster have been absent from the boards one and two months respectively; I think we can assume they're no longer participating and that the group is now four plus the npc.)

My apologies if anything I've said has offended anyone; I felt I needed to air my feelings before I could continue with the enthusiasm and enjoyment that I think this campaign deserves and can provide.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
No offense on my part - and none meant toward you (or Blue either). I read your plan and liked it but had to conclude that Mal doesn't know what Blue is capable of, and since it wasn't posted as though he actually said it I didn't think it would be right to respond as though he had. I try not to take that stuff to absolutely silly extremes, but to me it's a valuable part of the RP.

I also wasn't really thinking in terms of game rounds when I posted up those three rolls - just in terms of when I'd be available to post again and not holding up the game. I'm not sure why that was a concern, as I work pretty hard to keep my "it'll happen in it's own good time" attitude firmly in place for PbP. For future reference, I will definitely not be offended if you interrupt a stated action - especially such a lengthy one - with a different idea. In fact, to me that's a great opportunity for a little role-play for our characters to get to know each other a little better.

When it becomes apparent to Blue that his stocky companion is about to try again to stick the grapple to the building, Blue snatches the rope from his hands in irritation . . .

or

If glances could really hurl daggers like that, Mal would surely be bleeding from a half-dozen lacerations. Blue snatches his rope back from the squat DaQan with an irritated grunt . . . . at times like this it was a struggle to keep Wolf civil. "I said I could use some help. Keep your ham-fists off my rope until I tell you what I need!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases