D&D 3E/3.5 3.5E build questions (Sorc/Warblade/JPM/Spellsword)

AesirsChampion

First Post
As I'm not one for beating around the bush so to speak, I'm thinking about rolling a character for a new game one of my buddy's setting up. Now, I've seen and heard about fighter/wizards and fighter/sorcerers being among some of the more popular builds, so I wanted to try something a little different. I'm looking at maybe combining the warblade with a sorcerer. Now I know that there's not as good a synergy between warblades and sorcerers as there is with warblades and wizards (both Warblades and Wizards rely on Intelligence, while with sorcerer, I'd have to keep up with charisma), but I'm thinking I might be able to make this work, if I choose the right race. I was thinking of taking Jade Phoenix Mage and one level of spellsword to round out my build, but may go with Abjurant Champion instead. Right now all sourcebooks are allowed, however, what is picked is still up to DM discretion. We are also using the 32 point buy system. My main question, other than what race to choose, is this: How many levels of each should I take?

kitcik

Adventurer
If you want a powerful build, you should not lose caster levels by taking warblade levels, there are better gish builds (google "gish handbook").

If you want a sorcerer / warblade, then go for it! I would not worry much about Int as the warblades Int-based abilities are not the schnizel.

I would emphasize Cha & Con (not only for HP but for the warblade save abilities.

You could go warblade 1 (for the HP), then a number of sorc levels until your initiator level is high enough, then back to warblade for a couple of levels to grab the stances and maneuvers you want (like White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge).

Then go Abjurant Champion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases