[October] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
Just finishing up "Master and Commander" by Patrick O'Brian. Next up will be the latest Pathfinder, "Curse of the Lady's Light", which arrived at the weekend.

The rest of this month's books are "Guards! Guards!" by Pratchett, "Jane Eyre" by Bronte, "Winter Witch" by Cunningham, and (hopefully) "Post Captain" by O'Brian.

Dioltach

Legend
Just finished A Dance with Dragons by GRRM and Agent of Rome: Siege by Nick Brown. Now I'm reading Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson (I tried to read it years ago as a teenager and didn't enjoy it, but I'm hoping that it will be more to my taste this time round) and Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick.

Nellisir

Hero
Has anyone read Agnes Grey? I read Wuthering Heights last week, and Jane Eyre is always on the list...but what about the third sister? I've never heard of anyone reading Anne Bronte's novel, but I haven't heard that it was terrible either.

Deep into Forge of Darkness (Steven Erickson's 1st book from his new Tiste Andii trilogy). Not sure after that one is done. Been meaning to read a music theory book.

AR

Crothian

First Post
I just finished a reread of The Princess Bride. Good stuff!

Hopefully the original by S. Morgenstern and not that cut up version William Goldman put out. ;)

Then Blackout, by Mira Grant.

Best Zombie books I've read and I've read a lot of them. Seanan McGuire (real name of Mira Grant) is also fast becoming one of my all time favorite authors.

I'm currently reading Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong, it is the last in her Otherworld series that has been a good series of urban fantasy characters. What I like about many of her books in the series is they can be read as stand alone books as the meta plot is very light in most of them.

Stouthart

First Post
I'm currently reading two books:

-The Hammer and the Blade by Paul S. Kemp
-The Archer's Tale by Bernard Cornwell

The Hammer and the Blade is fun brain-candy fantasy. It has a very strong 'RPG Adventure/Module' vibe. Pretty one-dimensional across the board but enjoyable.

The Archer's Tale is set during the 100 Years War and is about a young archer who set's out on a mission of revenge after his whole village is wiped out by raiders. Pretty good so far. I'm a fan of Cornwell's other historical fiction series. I've read all of the Saxon Chronicles and Starbuck Chronicles, and a handful of the Sharpe books.

Also reading numerous comic book trades.

Stouthart

First Post
Just finished A Dance with Dragons by GRRM and Agent of Rome: Siege by Nick Brown. Now I'm reading Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson (I tried to read it years ago as a teenager and didn't enjoy it, but I'm hoping that it will be more to my taste this time round) and Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick.

I enjoyed Among Thieves and can't wait for the next book in the series.

And I would recommend you hang in there with Lord Foul's Bane. The original Thomas Covenant trilogy is outstanding.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases