Results 31 to 40 of 71
Tuesday, 2nd October, 2012, 01:04 AM #1
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Chicago Gameday 33 is Nov 10th: PLANNING THREAD
Gameday 33 Planning Thread
This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 33.
Gameday 33 is being held on November 10th, 2012, at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.
What is Chicago Gameday?
How to Submit an Event
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.
1. Post your event description in this thread
Your event description must include the following:
- Time: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
- Game system: e.g., "D&D 3.5";
- Event Title: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
- Description: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
- An image: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
- Content Rating: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
- Number of Players: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
- Table Preference: Whether you want to reserve the private room or need a specific table; I will assign you a table based on your event's size otherwise.
2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.
How to Be a Great Gameday GM
You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.
You should be aware of how long your event lasts.
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend at least some time shopping before the afternoon events begin. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.
You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible and I will remove it from the schedule.
Gameday 33 Proposed Event Lineup
Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Monster of the Week, Reidzilla (table G)
- Trollbabe, Tim C Koppang
- Reign, ekb
- Unnamed minis event, Mark CMG
- Feng Shui, Trevalon Moonleirion
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, Vyvyan Basterd
- Mouse Guard, buzz
Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Fiasco, Ninjacat (Table E and/or F)
- Freemarket, CoreyHaim8myDog (private room)
- Savage Worlds, willowx
- The Quiet Year, Nev the Deranged
- Heroes Fall, PhilK
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, buzz
This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here at that time.
Last edited by buzz; Friday, 26th October, 2012 at 04:02 PM.ENWorld Chicago Gameday: Getting people together to game since 2001.
By buzz in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 65Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd June, 2010, 01:06 AM
By buzz in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 127Last Post: Saturday, 16th February, 2008, 05:11 PM
By buzz in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 249Last Post: Sunday, 14th October, 2007, 11:06 PM
By buzz in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 238Last Post: Saturday, 4th June, 2005, 08:23 PM
By MattyHelms in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 62Last Post: Wednesday, 30th April, 2003, 02:25 PM