Software Suggestions

Nytmare

David Jose
I want to draft up a bunch of skill trees for a game, but don't know what piece of software is going to end up causing me the fewest headaches.

Any suggestions?

dmfubar

First Post
I've suggested this before in other threads... I think The Brain may be what you are looking for. You can easily create trees going as far down as you like, and even create links between different branches. It is a free download for the eval version and remains functional even after the trial period ends (some of the advanced features won't work anymore, like attaching files to "thoughts", but it is still very functional). I used it for campaign design for about a year before I decided to go ahead and put out the money for the full version.

If you are interested, it can be found here: TheBrain :: Mind Mapping Software, Brainstorming, GTD and Knowledgebase Software

And no, I have no association with the company except as a user. Just found the software to be good for my purposes.

Karak

First Post
For me The Brain is the only answer:) We used other software for tracking this kind of thing and most of them had more limitations in their full versions than The Brain does as a free demo.

It also has a fully functional and easy look to it. It can be used for so much in a campaign its crazy.
I was originally introduced to it at my work at a Non-profit and during the entire meeting all I could think about was "OH my Gawd where have you been all my life?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases