01MalachitetheUnfettered.png

[sblock=Character Stats]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 2
CN Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 30 (2d10+3)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee greataxe +5 (1d12+4/×3) and
. . dagger +5 (1d4+3/19-20) and
. . dagger +5 (1d4+3/19-20) and
. . cestus +5 (1d4+3/19-20)
Ranged thell longbow (darkwood) +7 (1d10+3/19-20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 18 (19 vs. bull rush, 19 vs. drag)
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (longbow)
Traits armor expert, rich parents
Skills Climb +7, Intimidate +3, Perception +1, Ride +7, Survival +5, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ stone in the blood, treacherous earth
Other Gear chain shirt (mw), thell longbow (darkwood), greataxe, dagger, dagger, cestus, arrows (40), blunt arrows (20), backpack, masterwork, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, grappling hook, hammock, silk rope (50 ft.), torch (2), trail rations (4), whetstone, wrist sheath, spring loaded, wrist sheath, spring loaded, 201 gp, 7 sp, 6 cp
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (2 minutes, 1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (2 minutes, 1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.[/sblock]

"I am Malachite, named 'Unfettered' by my family who love me, and 'Relentless' by my foes, who dread my notice. Other epithets are given me by both friend and foe, but most are not to be repeated in 'polite' society.

"Born of the granite and snow in the high peaks of the Throne of Heaven, I know not the parents of my birth. Nor do I care, as they did not persevere to see me well. My family are the Frozen Winds Clan, proud Thell warriors all and the makers of all that is worthwhile in me.

"My finding and my growth are stories for another time. It suffices for now to say that even amongst my warrior family I was accounted strong and hardy, as well as unruly even by their boisterous standards.

"When the Wasting came down upon my family, I was the soul - the only soul - spared. Oracles and Priests were sought, but all of their prophecies, advice and prayers came to naught. In an act of desperation, I left my family to seek the healing waters of the Ice Caves. Though I thought to evade their notice and take skins of the waters by stealth, I was ensnared by the waters guardians. The Witches of Seltak gifted me enough water to save my clan, but their price was steep. I must leave my family, and my beloved peaks, to seek the Yellow Jade. Only with their price in my possession may I return.

"I took up my axe and hammer, and the fell longbow of my people. I donned my armor. Though greatly saddened to see me leave, my family comprehends honor. My word was given, my people saved, and so they sent me off to pay the price to which I agreed.

"They await my return."

[sblock=What Mal Doesn't Know but Might Find Out]The Wasting was actually brought on his clan by the very Witches of Sendak who gave him the cure and sent him to find the Yellow Jade - those inscrutable, sneaky bitches! :p

Mal's not sure whether or not the Witches are monitoring his activities from afar, although (mostly because of their legendary reputation) he's certain they're able to do so.[/sblock]

Mal's adventures between the Throne of Heaven and Llasa will (if I remember and play him the way I intend) be fleshed out in RP as we go.

[sblock=Hit Point Rolls]Hit Point Roll (Level 2) (1d10=5)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Malachite the Unfettered.pdf
    399.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
STATS
Name: Sil
Tlaxu Rogue 1
Languages: Common, Tlaxu
Deity: None

Abilities
STR: 12 +1
DEX: 16 +3 (+2 racial)
CON: 13 +1
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 14 +2

Combat
HP: 22 = [1d8=8] + 1 (CON) + 13
AC: 15 = 10 + 2 (Leather armor) + 3 (DEX)
AC Flatfooted: 12 = 10 + 2 (Leather armor)
AC Touch: 13 = 10 +3 (DEX)
Speed: 30 ft
INIT: +6 (DEX + reactionary + racial)
BAB: +0
CMB: +1 = +1 (STR) + 0 (BAB)
CMD: 14 = 10 + 1 (STR) + 3 (DEX) + 0 (BAB)

Saves
Fort: +1 = +0 (Rogue 1) + 1 (Con)
Reflex: +5 = +2 (Rogue 1) +3 (Dex)
Will: +2 = +0 (Rogue 1) +2 (Wis)

Weapon Stats
Claws: +3=+0(BAB)+3(Dex) /DMG=1d4+1(S) /, CRIT 20x2
Sap: +0(BAB)+3(Dex) /DMG=1d6+1 nonlethal(B) /, CRIT 20x2
Light Crossbow: +3 =+0(BAB)+3(Dex) /DMG=1d8+1(P) /, CRIT 19-20x2

Racial Traits
+2 to DEX
Tlaxu base speed is 30 feet.
Medium: As medium-sized creatures, tlaxu have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Tlaxu have low-light vision.
Tlaxu have keen senses and gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception, Acrobatics and Sense Motive checks, and to Survival checks for the purposes of tracking.
Tlaxu have fast reactions when it comes to danger, and gain a +1 racial bonus to Initiative.
Claws: Tlaxu have retractable claws on their hands and feet. They can use these for combat and are considered proficient with their use. Tlaxu claws cause 1d4 damage and have a critical modifier of x2. A tlaxu is considered armed when using these claws. The claws can also provide a +2 racial bonus to Climb checks.
Favored Class: Rogue

Class Features
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding

Feats & Traits
1st lvl- Weapon Finesse
Trait: Reactionary, Stealth Escape

Skills
Skill Ranks: 09 = [8 (Rogue) + 00 (INT) + 1 Favored Class]
Max Ranks: 01
Trained skills:
Acrobatics: +9 (1 rank + 3 Misc + 3 Dex +2 Racial)
Appraise: +4 (1 Rank + 3 Misc)
Bluff: +6 (1 Rank + 3 Misc +2 Chr)
Climb: +9 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 1 Str + 2 Racial +2 kit)
Disable Device: +9 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 3 Dex +2 kit)
Perception: +8 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 2 Wis +2 Racial)
Sense Motive: +8 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 2 Wis +2 Racial)
Sleight of Hand: +7 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 3 Dex)
Stealth: +8 (1 Rank + 3 Misc + 3 Dex +1 boots)

Equipment:
Pick Pocket's Outfit (3 lb)
Scholar's Outfit (6 lb)
Cleric's Vestments (6 lb)
Softpaw Boots (1 lb)
Pocketed Scarf (1/2 lb)
Light Crossbow (4 lb)
Sap (2 lb)
40 Bolts (4 lb)
Leather Armor (15 lb)
Climber's Kit (5 lb)
Masterwork Thieves' Tools (2 lb)
Drill (1 lb)
Common Backpack (2 lb)
Belt Pouch (1/2 lb)
Marked Cards (1 lb)
50 feet of hemp Rope (10 lb)
6 Wooden Holy symbols (variety)
Bag of Caltrops (2 lb)
Signal Whistle

Treasure: 707 Glass Yen

Carrying Capacity:
light- 43 lbs. or less
medium- 44-86 lbs.
heavy- 87-130 lbs.

Description:
Sil is a nineteen year old Talxu, who stands at five foot one and has black fur, spotted with brown dots. The thicker hair on her head is naturally black; but Sil tends to dye it a variety of colors; favoring bright red. When not in disguise, she wears a loose set of leather armor, and a long scarf; both of which are festooned with various pouches and pockets containing a variety of tools. She has a habit of idly flicking her claws in and out when she's lost in thought.

Background:
Sil was born into one of lower castes in Mopendor; and was taken from her family at the age of fifteen to be the subject of a hunt by the nobility. She managed to survive and escape them, and eventually flee to Llaza after running from her homeland for over a year; but the whole affair left her somewhat broken on the inside.

She hasn't seen her parents or her only sister since she fled her homeland, and has no idea what's happened to them. But she's too afraid to go back or try to find out... the last thing she wants to do is attract the attention of the upper caste who tried to kill her once and failed.

Lies and misdeeds come easily to her now, and most of her actions are focused on maintaining her own life. She views survival as her most important priority; but she tends to find herself plagued by what’s left of her conscience, keeping her from committing the most grievous and profitable of crimes. She restricts herself, as a result, to burglary, and basic con jobs; and, as a result, is persistently late on her rent and owes an uncomfortably large amount to local loan sharks in T hievestown.

She sees the yellow jade as a chance to break into the big leagues, get a sizable stake for herself and get clear of her debtors. Of course, the best laid plans of cats and men…

slobster

Hero
Running Bi
nai-nek-chai (kitsune) witch 1

Initiative +5
Senses: Low Light Vision, Perception -1

AC 13 (Touch 13, Flat-Footed 10)
HP 7
Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +5

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Dagger -1 (1d4-1)
Ranged Dagger +3 (1d4-1)
CMB -1
CMD 12

Str 8 (-1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 16 (+3)
Wis 8 (-1)
Cha 16 (+3)

Traits
Reactionary (+2 Init)
Fast Talker (+1 Bluff, class skill)

Skills
Acrobatics +5
Bluff +8
Intimidate +7
Sleight of Hand +4
Spellcraft +7
Stealth +4
Use Magic Device +7

Feats
Ability Focus (Slumber Hex)

Racial Features
+2 Acrobatics
Change Shape
Kitsune Magic (3/day dancing lights, +1 Enchantment DCs)
Natural Weapon (bite 1d4)

Class Features
Slumber Hex (DC 15)
Fox Familiar (+2 Ref)
Cantrips
Spells (2)

Spells Known
Beguiling Gift
Charm Person
Cure Light Wounds
Frostbite
Mage Armor
Obscuring Mist

Running Bi was born far up the river, in a village whose name he has forgotten, in a shrine that is now gone.

He remembers the first happy years of his life playing with a pack of brothers and sisters on the temple grounds, while interesting-smelling visitors would leave offerings of food and incense and little wood and cloth toys. He remembers one of the monks who took care of them, a kind-faced older woman who always wore the same set of homespun robes. He remembers her telling stories of the benevolent spirits, and the evil ones. He remembers that his blood is of two worlds.

Then ugly men came, with weapons and nets. Bi was taken from the temple, and so were many of his brothers and sisters. He remembers the smell of fire and blood in the air. Maybe some of his siblings survived that day without being taken, but he never knew.

There was the long boat ride down the river, crammed in tight cages with other young of all races. There was hunger and cold. The men on the boat were cruel and smelled terrible.

Finally the view changed. After endless miles of soft countryside and empty fields, the city of Llaza came into view. Surely here, surrounded by people, someone would take pity on children crammed into cages amid their own filth.

Bi learned an important lesson then. Nobody will help you. People help themselves. The stories of good spirits helping virtuous farmer boys that he was told as a pup were just that: stories. And if good spirits didn't exist, Bi resolved to be the other kind. The bad spirits, who punished those who deserved it and were placated by offerings and sutras. The ones that ended up ahead.

He escaped from his captors while they were transferring their catch to another ship, and ran away, never looking back. He left behind his own brothers and sisters, but he couldn't have helped them anyway. There were too many of the big ugly men, and they were too strong. He never could have helped others get free without being seen and caught himself.

At least, that's what he tells himself every night as he tries to fall asleep.

It's been many years since then, and it seems a lifetime. Bi quickly learned the rules of the street. He earned his name after his first theft: a huge jade medallion from one of the selfish and sickly-sweet smelling merchants in the temple district. "Bi" are the names of these huge medallions, and when the little nai-nek-chai boy ran back to the back-alley pawn store to sell his prize, he learned another lesson.

The pawn broker took the medallion, then turned it and the little boy over to the city guards. An item that distinct and valuable was too hot to sell anyway, and the pawn broker collected a bounty from the irate merchant. The boy was caned publicly in the town square until he could barely hobble away, and almost died in the weeks following when he couldn't even steal a stale breadcrust to feed his failing body. His name "Running Bi" is a pun on this episode in his life. The medallion he ran away with was called a bi, but the word bi is also an archaic word for nose, and many of the thieves of Llaza saw the pitiful orphan dying in the streets and named him Running Bi, or Running Nose. In a bizarre accident that he has come to see as fate, Fox Bi is also an old word for Foxfire, the spectral flames that Bi can call up at will to follow him in the darkness of the city's backstreets.

As Bi came into the power of his nai-nek-chai blood and learned to channel the natural forces of the world to his advantage, he met a starving fox pup that was being held in a menagerie that sold exotic pets to rich patrons. He felt an immediate connection, and despite the deadly danger of discovery Bi snuck into the shop late at night and freed every animal there. The fox pup, which he named "Scraps", has stuck with him ever since. On some level Bi sees his companionship with Scraps as a surrogate relationship for the brothers and sisters he left behind years ago. If any threat comes near Scraps, Bi responds decisively and violently, without any of the usual reserve and passive calculation that has carried Bi through an entire adolescent life on the streets.

These days Bi always keeps an eye out for opportunities for a quick yen. His fast wits, silver tongue, and natural magic have allowed him to graduate from petty theft to bigger cons and heists, but he never forgot the lessons of the street or his decision to be a dark spirit. Still, there is the part of him that grieves for his lost home, for the siblings he left behind, and that remembers the good spirits of the kind old monk's stories. But how could a good spirit survive in this real world of corrupt, selfish mortals?

When he hears about a piece of yellow jade for sale from one of his sometime partners in crime (Sil), he decides he'll see if there really is some money to be made. But he remembers the lesson he learned from his first big score, and is hesitant to get involved in something that he know could spin quickly and violently beyond his control . . .

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]

Human Shaman 2

Blue Eye Bellows was born into a house full of voices: parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and numerous siblings and cousins. His name was earned for the color of his eyes, one brown and one blue, and the fact that, as the youngest male among many his job in the family smithy was to operate the bellows. There was also his unfortunate tendency to speak at a loud volume every place he went, as necessary in a smithy and in a household overfull of people, and to point out and talk to people and things that weren’t physically present.

It didn’t take Blue long to discover that no one else could see or hear the numerous spirits of their house and forge or Iron Ancestor, his great grandfather and a master smith who had died many years before he was born and who now gave Blue advice and taught him small tricks of crafting at the forge. When the rest of the family discovered Blue’s ability as a seer of spirits he was apprenticed to a salsham’ai shaman in Little Thalsa.

Iron Ancestor muttered constantly about the ‘dirty salsham’ai’ and their tree-house district but Blue was wide-eyed with fascination over the small people, their braashak trees and their culture, particularly the Skill of Raindrops. At the feet of his master Blue learned the value of silence, or at least speaking quietly, and gained the protection of White Matoo, a large guardian spirit that resembles an ape-like matoo carved from bleached wood of the braashak tree.

One day Blue’s mentor informed him they were going on a journey. The two of them packed and headed north. Eventually Blue was able to pry from his salsham’ai mentor their destination: Ashoyin, by way of Blue Jays and circling the swamp around to the north of the city. They never reached the city. In the hill country north of Blue Jays they were ambushed and Blue’s mentor killed. Blue barely escaped but injured and without supplies would probably have died if not for the intercession of Wild Jade Wolf, a powerful wolf spirit. Bargains were made against the advice of both Iron Ancestor and White Matoo who typically disagreed about everything and Wild Jade Wolf took possession of Blue Eye Bellows.

When Blue regained control he found himself just outside of Llaza with vague bloody memories, the satisfied, wolfish grin of Wild Jade Wolf, the silent disapproval of Iron Ancestor, and the sorrowful gazes of White Matoo. Shortly after reentering the city Blue heard tell of a yellow jade artifact and at Wild Jade Wolf’s urgings has decided to enquire about the object.

Blue Eye Bellows
Human Shaman 2
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init: +1; Senses Perception +9
[sblock=Mechanics]
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 30 (2d8+18)
Fort +2 (0 (base) +2 (Con))
Ref +2 (0 (base) +1 (Dex) +1 (trait))
Will +5 (3 (base) +2 (Wis))

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Attacks
Boar Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2; brace, special)
Ritual Knife (Obsidion Dagger) +4 (1d4+3 19-20/x2; 10 ft. range, fragile)
Unarmed +4 (1d3+3 /x2; nonlethal, provokes AoO)

STATISTICS
Str: 16 +3 (+2 race)
Dex: 13 +1
Con: 14 +2
Int: 10 +0
Wis: 15 +2
Cha: 10 +0

Base Atk. +1; CMB +4; CMD 15
Traits Deft Dodger (+1 Ref save); Magical Talent (Prestidigitation 1/day)
Feats
H - Cosmopolitan (+2 languages; +2 class skills (Sense Motive & UMD)
1 - Alertness (+2 Perception & Sense Motive)
Skills
Skill Points: 12 = [Base (4) + human (1) + favored class (1)/Level]
Craft (Blacksmith) +4 (1 rank, +3 (CS) +0 (Int))
Knowledge (Spirits) +5 (2 rank, +3 (CS) +0 (Int))
Perception +9 (2 rank, +3 (CS) +2 (Wis) +2 (feat))
Sense Motive +9 (2 rank, +3 (CS) +2 (Wis) +2 (feat))
Spellcraft +4 (1 rank, +3 (CS) +0 (Int))
Survival +7 (2 rank, +3 (CS) +2 (Wis))
Use Magic Device +5 (2 rank, +3 (CS) +0 (Cha))

Languages
Low Imperial, Spirit Speech, Themnassic, Shromic

RACIAL TRAITS
Human
Favored Class: Shaman

CLASS ABILITIES
Shaman
Armor/Weapons: Light & hide armors; Simple weapons.
Spirit Domain
Granted Power: You gain the aid of a spirit companion and talk to spirits in their tongue. Free proficiency in Spirit Speech.

Spirit's Advice (Sp): You can communicate with your spirit companion as a swift action, getting a sacred bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (spirits), Perception, and Survival checks equal to half your shaman level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. (5/day)

Spirit Warrior (Su): Starting 8th level, any weapon you hold gains ‘Ghost Touch’. Also incorporeal creatures attempting to make a Touch Attack on you must hit your normal AC instead (i.e., all your bonuses to AC are ‘Ghost Touch’ too). You can use this ability a number of rounds per day equal to your shaman level. The rounds don't need to be consecutive.

1st - Detect Spirits

Spirit Allies:
Iron Ancestor (Artifice - Construct) (Spirit Bonded)

Bonded Power:
Artificer's Touch (Sp): You can cast mending at will, using your cleric level as the caster level to repair damaged objects. In addition, you can cause damage to objects and construct creatures by striking them with a melee touch attack. Objects and constructs take 1d6 points of damage +1 for every two cleric levels you possess. This attack bypasses an amount of damage reduction and hardness equal to your cleric level. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. (5/day)

1st - Animate Rope

White Matoo (Plant - Growth)
1st - Enlarge Person

Wild Jade Wolf (Wolf)
1st - Hunter's Howl

SPELLS
1st level (DC 13): 2/day
0th level (DC 12): unlimited

0th level known: create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark

WEALTH
PP: 0 GP: 120 SP: 0 YP: 00

EQUIPMENT
Boar Spear 5 gp / 8 lb.
Ritual Knife (Obsidion Dagger) 1 gp / .75 lb.
Traveler's Outfit -- / -- lbs. (currently worn)
Belt pouch 1 gp / .5 lbs.
Studded leather armor 25 gp / 20 lbs.
Silk rope 10 gp / 5 lbs.

Total Weight: 00 lb

Max Weight: 0-76 (light); 77-153 (medium); 154-230 (heavy)
[/sblock][sblock=Leveling]Level 2: Shaman 2
+1 bab; +1 Will; +6 hp (hp (1d8+2=6)); +6 skill points: K (Spirits), Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Survival, Use Magic Device; +1 known orison: detect magic[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!

52965d1349997096-master-jade-mistress-iron-world-conclave-adventure-he-mit.jpg

[sblock=He-Mit the Man that Knows to Much]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Human
Class: Bard(Archivist)
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Languages: Common, Thell, Anhoi, Giant
Religion:worships all the Thell Gods[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR: 13 +1 (03 pts)
DEX: 14 +2 (05 pts)
CON: 10 +0 (00 pts)
INT: 17 +3 (07 pts); +2 racial adjustment
WIS: 10 +0 (00 pts)
CHA: 14 +2 (05 pts)[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 21 = [1d8=08] + 00 (CON) + 10 (CON Stat) + 03 (feat) + 00 (favored class)
AC: 17 = 10 + 3 (armor) + 2 (shield) + 2 (DEX) + 0 (MISC)
AC Touch: 12 = 10 + 2 (DEX) + 0 (MISC)
AC Flatfooted: 15 = 10 + 3 (armor) + 2 (shield) + 0 (MISC)
INIT: +2 = +2 (DEX)
BAB: +0 = +0 (Bard)
CMB: +1 = +1 (STR) + 0 (BAB)
CMD: 13 = 10 + 1 (STR) + 2 (DEX) + 0 (BAB)
Fort: +0 = +0 (Bard) + 0 (CON)
Reflex: +4 = +2 (Bard) + 2 (DEX)
Will: +2 = +2 (Bard) + 0 (WIS)
Speed: 20'
Damage Reduction: None
Spell Resistance: None
Spell Failure: n/a[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
weapon(melee):
Attack: +0 = +0 (BAB) + 0 (STR) + 0 (MISC)
Damage: 1d?+0(?) = +0 (STR) + 0 (MISC); CRIT ??

weapon(ranged):
Attack: +0 = +0 (BAB) + 0 (DEX) + 0 (MISC)
Damage = 1d?+0(?) = +0 (MISC); CRIT ??, Range: ?? ft.[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A bard is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, shortsword, shortbow, and whip. Bards are also proficient with light armor and shields (except tower shields). A bard can cast bard spells while wearing light armor and using a shield without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a bard wearing medium or heavy armor incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component. A multiclass bard still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.

Spells: A bard casts arcane spells drawn from the bard spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. Every bard spell has a verbal component (singing, reciting, or music). To learn or cast a spell, a bard must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a bard’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the bard’s Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a bard can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: bard. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.

The bard’s selection of spells is extremely limited. A bard begins play knowing four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells of the bard’s choice. At each new bard level, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Bard Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a bard knows is not affected by his Charisma score (See Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells).

Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third bard level after that (8th, 11th, and so on), a bard can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. In effect, the bard “loses” the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least one level lower than the highest-level bard spell the bard can cast. A bard may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level.

A bard need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Bardic Knowledge (Ex) A bard adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.

Bardic Performance

A bard is trained to use the Perform skill to create magical effects on those around him, including himself if desired. He can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + his Charisma modifier. At each level after 1st a bard can use bardic performance for 2 additional rounds per day. Each round, the bard can produce any one of the types of bardic performance that he has mastered, as indicated by his level.

Starting a bardic performance is a standard action, but it can be maintained each round as a free action. Changing a bardic performance from one effect to another requires the bard to stop the previous performance and start a new one as a standard action. A bardic performance cannot be disrupted, but it ends immediately if the bard is killed, paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action to maintain it each round. A bard cannot have more than one bardic performance in effect at one time.

At 7th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a move action instead of a standard action. At 13th level, a bard can start a bardic performance as a swift action.

Each bardic performance has audible components, visual components, or both.

If a bardic performance has audible components, the targets must be able to hear the bard for the performance to have any effect, and such performances are language dependent. A deaf bard has a 20% change to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with an audible component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Deaf creatures are immune to bardic performances with audible components.

If a bardic performance has a visual component, the targets must have line of sight to the bard for the performance to have any effect. A blind bard has a 50% chance to fail when attempting to use a bardic performance with a visual component. If he fails this check, the attempt still counts against his daily limit. Blind creatures are immune to bardic performances with visual components.

Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against exceptional, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.

This ability replaces inspire courage.

Countersong (Su) At 1st level, a bard learns to counter magic effects that depend on sound (but not spells that have verbal components.) Each round of the countersong he makes a Perform (keyboard, percussion, wind, string, or sing) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard's Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard's Perform skill check result for the save. Countersong does not work on effects that don't allow saves. Countersong relies on audible components.

Distraction (Su) At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to counter magic effects that depend on sight. Each round of the Distraction, he makes a Perform (act, comedy, dance, or oratory) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by an illusion (pattern) or illusion (figment) magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the Distraction is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous illusion (pattern) or illusion (figment) magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it sees the Distraction, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Distraction does not work on effects that don’t allow saves. Distraction relies on visual components.

Fascinate (Su) At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The Distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.

Each creature within range receives a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the bard’s level + the bard’s Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.

Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. Fascinate relies on audible and visual components in order to function.[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats & Traits]
Human Bonus: Toughness
1st Level: Skill Focus: Knowledge(Nature)

Traits:
a) Scholar of Ruins:
b) Scholar of the Great Beyond:[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 11 = [6 (Class) + 03 (INT)] x 01 (LvL) + 01 (skilled) + 01 (favored class bonus)
Max Ranks: 1
ACP: -3

Skills:
() = class skill
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                         Stat Rank CS Misc ACP
-01 = Acrobatics()            +02  +00  +0 +00  -3 DEX
+03 = Appraise()              +03  +00  +0 +00     INT
+02 = Bluff()                 +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
-02 = Climb()                 +01  +00  +0 +00  -3 STR
+03 = Craft():                +03  +00  +0 +00     INT
+02 = Diplomacy()             +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
+na = Disable Device^         +02  +00  +0 +00     DEX
+02 = Disguise()              +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
-01 = Escape Artist()         +02  +00  +0 +00  -3 DEX
-01 = Fly                     +02  +00  +0 +00  -3 DEX
+na = Handle Animal^          +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
+00 = Heal                    +00  +00  +0 +00     WIS
+02 = Intimidate()            +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
+08 = Know:Arcana()^          +03  +01  +3 +01     INT
+09 = Know:Duneroneering()^   +03  +01  +3 +02     INT
+04 = Know:Engineering()^     +03  +00  +0 +01     INT
+05 = Know:Geography()^       +03  +00  +0 +02     INT
+09 = Know:History()^         +03  +01  +3 +02     INT
+08 = Know:Local()^           +03  +01  +3 +01     INT
+11 = Know:Nature()^          +03  +01  +3 +04     INT
+04 = Know:Nobility()^        +03  +00  +0 +01     INT
+09 = Know:Planes()^          +03  +01  +3 +02     INT
+08 = Know:Religion()^        +03  +01  +3 +01     INT
+na = Linguistics()^          +03  +00  +0 +00     INT
+04 = Perception()            +00  +01  +3 +00     WIS
+06 = Perform():oratory       +02  +01  +3 +00     CHA
+na = Profession()^:          +00  +00  +0 +00     WIS
-01 = Ride                    +02  +00  +0 +00  -3 DEX
+00 = Sense Motive()          +00  +00  +0 +00     WIS
+na = Sleight of Hand()^      +02  +00  +0 +00  -3 DEX
+07 = Spellcraft()^           +03  +01  +3 +00     INT
+03 = Stealth()               +02  +01  +3 +00  -3 DEX
+00 = Survival                +00  +00  +0 +00     WIS
-02 = Swim                    +01  +00  +0 +00  -3 STR
+na = Use Magic Device()^     +02  +00  +0 +00     CHA
_
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]
Spontaneous, Arcane, CHA
Spell DC = 12 + spell level
Concentration: +3

Spells per Day:
Cantrips: unlimited
1st level: 2

Spells Known:
Cantrips: detect magic, light, know direction, mending
1st level: comprehend languages, cure light wounds[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                         Cost     Weight
studded leather                   25gp      20lbs
shield, heavy wooden               7gp      10lbs
shortspear                         1gp       3lbs
handaxe                            6gp       3lbs
chakram(2)                         2gp       2lbs
dagger                             2gp       1lb
shortbow                          30gp       2lbs
-arrows(20)                        1gp       3lbs
Backpack                           2gp       2lbs
-rations,trail(4days)              2gp       4lbs
-waterskin                         1gp       4lbs
-sack(empty)                     .01gp      .5lb 
-sunrods(3)                        6gp       3lbs
-candles(5)                      .05gp       -lb
-alchemist fire                   20gp       1lb
-rope,silk(50ft.)                 10gp       5lbs
Belt Pouch                         1gp      .5lb
-flint and steel                   1gp       -lb
-whetstone                       .02gp       1lb
-potion:cure light wounds         50gp       -lb
spell component pouch              5gp       2lbs
bedroll                           .1gp       5lbs
Traveler's Outfit                  0gp       -lb

Total weight carried:   72lbs
Treasure:
GP: 6
SP: 8
CP: 2
Gems: none

Carrying Capacity:
light: 0-50 lbs
medium: 51-100 lbs
heavy: 101-150 lbs[/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: medium
Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 195lbs
Hair Color: blonde
Eye Color: bronze
Skin Color: ruddy
Appearance: A gruff looking Thell from the savage mountains known as the Throne of Heaven. He keeps his face clean shaven because his twin sister She-Mot does not like the look of it on her brother. His hair is thin and windblown. He carries a half dozen scars on his chest and back from wild boar and bear attacks.[/sblock]
[sblock=Background] My first memory will always be of staring into the fire. When I was young, I was a shepherd. And I would sit staring into the flames as they danced and listen to the headsman tell of stories of our history, of great sorcerers, and of beasts so queer they could only be make believe. I saw all those stories come to life in the flames.

When I could hold a bow the headsman tried to train me to be a hunter, though I did not shot as true as some. But even so I could track and stalk, and when necessary scare the prey towards the true huntsmen. And still I would sit all night by the fire and watch as the flames showed me the stories coming to life.

On my name day the headsman called me to the fire alone and bid me to tell him what I saw in the flames. At first I could see nothing and I told him I only see the stories, that he must tell a tale for me to "see" it. Shaking his head he told me look deeper and not just with my eyes. I saw only one thing that night. A city on a river and a yellow stone that brought forth great despair, famine, and death. He told me that if I did not seek out the secrets of that vision then it would come to pass.

Now years after my name day, I am a neither shepherd nor hunter, I am a Seeker. And what I have searched for all these years is within my reach.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes] None yet[/sblock]
[sblock=Level Ups]
Level ??
Class:
BAB: +0 to +0
Fort: +0 to +0
Ref: +0 to +0
Will: +0 to +0
Feat:
Class Features:
HP: +?? = (1d?? - 2 = ?) + 0 [CON] + ?? (Old Total) = ?? (new total)
Skill Ranks: +?? = +?? (Class) + 0 (misc) + ?? (Old Total) = ?? (new total)
Skills:
Favored Class Bonus:[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• He-Mit.jpg
    He-Mit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang Shemin

Hang is a man that mostly keeps to himself. Stoic and pragmatical, he considers emotions of all kind to be either distracting or outright harmful. Gods and mystic arts were nothing to him; they might provide power to the weak minded faithful, but he knew the true power resided within himself. His martial training was hard, as were his masters; but he endured and mastered many weapon styles. He could have been a master himself, but his skills and particular philosophy took him to other paths. Escalating was prime in his mind, and no one escalates without power. The kind of power a yellow jade shard could give him.

676934xiahou20dun20art0_6781.jpg

Story:

Pending

Code:
 [B]Name[/B]: Hang Shemin
[B]Class[/B]: Fighter 2
[B]Race[/B]: Human
[B]Size[/B]: Medium
[B]Gender[/B]: Male

Str: 14/16 +3		Level: 2        XP: 0
Dex: 14 +2		BAB: +2		HP: 1st level(10+2)+ 2nd level (10+2)=24
Con: 14 +2		CM bonus: +4	CM defense: 16
Int: 14 +2		Speed: 20'	
Wis: 12 +1		Init: +2	
Cha: 08 -1		ACP: -2		

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:          10    +6    +0    +2    +0    +0    +1    19
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 16

Base   Mod  Misc    Total
Fort:                      3      +2           +5
Ref:                       0      +2           +2
Will:                      0      +1           +1  (+2 vs fear)

[b]Weapon		Attack		Damage	Critical[/b]
MW Falichon		+7		2d4+4	18-20x2
Guisarme		+5		2d4+4	x2
Longbow 		+4		1d8	x3

Languages: Common,

Abilities: 
Human: +2 Str, bonus feat, bonus skill.

Feats and traits: 
Fighter feats ( Profs + (F))
Quick draw (F)
Godless healing
Rich parents
Weapon focus (Falichon)
Dodge (F)

Special abilities: 
Godless healing: heals 1d8 as a move action once per day.

Skills               Ranks	Mod	Misc	Total
Climb			1	+3	-2      +4
Intimidate		1	-1              +3
Ride			1	+2	-2	+3
Survival		1	+1		+5
Swim			1	+3	-2	+4

Equipment:            

Masterwork Breastplate				(30lb, 350gp)
Masterwork Falichon				(8lb, 375gp)
Guisarme					(12lb, 9gp)
Crowbar						(5lb, 2gp)
Flint and steel					(--lb, 1gp)
Blanket for winter				(3lb, 5sp)
Backpack					(2lb, 2gp)
Grappling hook					(4lb, 1gp)
Rope						(10lb, 1gp)
Longbow						(3lb, 75gp)
Torch x10					(1lb, 1sp)
Waterskin					(4lb, 1gp)

Quin the Dog	25gp
HP: 23		Init: +1
AC: 13		Speed: 40'
Bite: +2, 1d4+1 dmgx2
+4 Fort, +3 Ref, +1 Will
Traits: Low light vision, +4 to survival (tracking), Scent, Acrobatic jump.
Tricks: Nrmal tricks plus Track and Come
Perception +8, Stealth +5, Survival +1

Money: 257 gp

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases