Big changes a'coming! Merging the D&D forums

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Nikosandros said:
The tags are nice and useful, but would it be possible to implement a way to add more than one to a thread? It's easy to have threads that, for example, are relevant to both 1e and 2e or to both 3.x and PF.

I think this is mostly an issue of how many tabs do we need. Can a viewer distinguish that a post about wandering monsters, even if posted under 2e, might be relevant to 1e, but probably not to 4e? Does someone who sees a post about Golarion know that it would include potentially useful information for a 3e player?

I think some of that might encourage exploring and cross-polination (which is part of what this is trying to encourage), but some of it might require less ambiguity.

adamc

First Post
I didn't have much of an opinion before it happened. I have an opinion now: it makes the forums harder to navigate and less pleasant to use. Using the tags results in a noticeable delay. And the tags use up a lot of screen real-estate on my Macbook, making the thread titles harder to read.

I find myself going to Wizards forums more often. They're not perfect either, though. Probable outcome is less reading of threads for me.

Note, though, that I'm mostly interested in 4e (with a little interest in Next), and that may explain why this isn't working so well for me. For those with broader interests, maybe it's great.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm really, REALLY missing the 'subscribed threads' feature, but, overall, I do like the way the board looks now.

Last edited:

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I like the new dropdown menu -- but I miss having Messageboards as a top level choice. It would be great to have a top level that was the Messageboards, and then be able to drop down to the specific forums as submenu options.

-rg

The Human Target

Adventurer
My 2 cents-

Under this new board structure, it makes it a lot harder for me to find threads and information I'm interested in.

So I've pretty much totally stopped coming here.

Which is sad as this is my favorite place to talk gaming on the internet.

Something I don't like about recent changes: The location of the Log Out button. I very much like it under my name on the top right because when I want to log off it's quick and easy, but still unobtrusive and I've never accidentally clicked on it. Now it's under the Profile tab and I think to myself "Why does it have to be there? It worked fine where it was before."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases