Big changes a'coming! Merging the D&D forums - Page 6

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

GM's Day CMG

Ignore Mark CMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwaxy View Post
    If you click on an icon, you only get the respective topics shown. Seems you have re-select every time unless you open your threads in a new window, but it does work. So you won't see any 5e stuff if you are only looking for 4e.

But if someone is looking for everything BUT 5E, for instance?
    Fighting Fire - Ernie Gygax Relief Fund

Please, help boost the signal!

http://tinyurl.com/gygaxrelief

As always,
    Mark CMG
    CreativeMountainGames.com

Moderator-Class Vessel
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore Lwaxy
    I guess you'll then have to check the topics one by one. But the system is still being worked on.
    My Story Hour campaigns. What are they up to this week?

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    I think the exact opposite. That's exactly why I like Dragonsfoot

I think the net result of this is that discussions about anything but 5e will simply be driven out.
    You like that OSRIC and AD&D have different forums? To me that's a prime example of splitting up forums for an arbitrary, superficial reason, rather than actually thinking about how best to facilitate discussion amongst your users. And that's not even to mention crazy stuff like Lejendary Adventures having its own forum.

You know if you look at the New Horizons forum, it produces a lot of posts but not actually that many threads. Most of the high volume posters hang out in big, rambling 20+ page threads.

If we can somehow convince ren1999 to keep all of his posts in one thread, we should be fine I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    Not a fan of the proposed change, but it's your place, so Good Luck
    He owns it, but the fan base made it what it is, for Good and Ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    I only stopped by the legacy forum. Now I guess I won't be doing that anymore. It might not have gotten a lot of posts, but at least they were relevant to me.
    Agree. These are different games. The only merger I think would be a good deal would be Pathfinder into D&D legacy since it derives directly from 3E's rules. Of course others might read more into that , assuming somehow the move is meant to say '4E isn't part of D&D's legacy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    This will end up being a disaster, with D&D Next threads pushing all other threads away to the oblivion of 2nd page within minutes of their posting. And for what? To increase traffic by 5%? To what end?
    Agree.

Moderator-Class Vessel
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore Lwaxy
    PF is an active, publishing game, not something that belongs in a legacy forum

Before going on about disasters and threads being pushed off too quickly, just have a look at the combined forum example Morris made, and you'll see that this is not the case, as stated before. Oh it may happen every once in a while, but it is not like page 2 is out of reach.
    My Story Hour campaigns. What are they up to this week?

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Elf Witch
    I have mixed feelings on one hand I don't like have to going to several different areas just to talk about the game. A lot of what we talk about is edition free. And so I think it could add to the discussion with more people contributing. For example DMing issues, player issues things like that are of interest no matter what edition you play.

I am a little worried about 5E threads drowning out everything else. Maybe one way to discourage that is to combine threads that are basically discussing the same thing. The last time I was there, there were five different threads basically discussing magic.

Also as posters we are going to need to resit the urge to make snarky comments about editions we don't play and resist telling A DM looking for help that if he switched editions he wouldn't be having said issue.
    Favorite line heard at the table "I am killing to subdue" Kavo the Dwarf

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore Storminator
    Sounds pretty good to me. I click on all the forums and don't often see new threads go off the first page. I'd be nice to see some more interesting traffic.

Only thing that stuck out to me was calling Pathfinder out explicitly. It's just another D&D, doesn't need a separate description.

PS
    You can clean up vomit, but data is always messy. - Storm's Law

I don't care if you light his face on fire and put it out with an anvil... - A. Taylor

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Blog Entries

Ignore Nellisir
    Not a bad idea, and the reasons make sense. I support it.
    Secrets of the Shadowend - Notes, scribblings, writings, and memorandum on the Shadowend Campaign Setting.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Agamon
    Works just fine this way at RPG.net, without sortable prefexes. And the sort function will be nice. Trying to find OSR stuff in the Legacy forum is usually a pointless endeavour.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Blog Entries

Ignore Herobizkit
    What happens to the "General" forum?

Disappointed that editions are being merged into one giant forum if there is no way to filter only the threads you want to see.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast