Bruce Heard + Mystara + Kickstarter [Hypothetical + Cross Post]

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
I think I would fund this.....but I recall the stories getting a bit goofy near the end, but I might be remembering that wrong.

Perhaps, but this was some 10-20 years ago, depending on which episode you are referring to as the "last one." My writing ability is different now than it was back then (I'd hope better), not to mention the way I look at things. Although you will always have some comical aspects, the real wacky stuff is much more unlikely now. Furthermore, back when I wrote the old Princess Ark stories, I had really no online presence, and thus no ability to get tangible and specific feedback. That's changed a lot since then. Your comment definitely constitutes valuable feedback. In fact, more feedback NOW about the old stuff could be pretty useful for the "next generation!"

Last edited:

knottyprof

First Post
Princess Ark Stories were awesome. At the time I was mainly using the Rules Cyclopedia with the D&D gazeteers and it was nice to see a regular column in Dragon catering to that system in a round about way.

Read some of your posts from your blog and it is a shame what WoTC is doing about some of the older campaign stuff and just letting it fall by the way side. Considering they are selling reprints of core books right now that have to know there is a market for that kind of stuff out there. Even if they didn't want to handle the development of some of the older campaigns it would make sense to either sell it off or at least give permission to others to develop and then get some sort of royalty for it (if they can make money from it and the people handling it are professional and have a deep desire to only build on it I am then what would it hurt to let someone else take over development).

Just want to wish you success with your current and future endevours and if there is a Kickstarter that you get involved with in the near future, please post something on these boards because I for one would be very interested in contributing (If I have the funds, my wife might have something to say about that :p).

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Princess Ark Stories were awesome. (. . .) Just want to wish you success with your current and future endevours and if there is a Kickstarter that you get involved with in the near future, please post something on these boards because I for one would be very interested in contributing (If I have the funds, my wife might have something to say about that :p).

Thanks, knottyprof. You just made my day!

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
I was also a big fan of those stories.

Will be curious to see how this goes.

Hard at work right now on this new stuff. It's starting to look very good. The question is -- at least for the interim -- how much to reveal to get you even more interested without totally spoiling the surprise or background plots driving the stories and the new setting in general. I'm still pondering timing and approach.

havard

Adventurer
Man, I would have loved to see the original Voyage of the Princess Ark series collected in an Almanac format book.

Brand new episodes with Haldemar & Co by Bruce Heard would have been great too.

But I am really excited about Bruce's plans for new fantasy fiction. Can't wait to find out what that will be about :)

-Havard

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Man, I would have loved to see the original Voyage of the Princess Ark series collected in an Almanac format book.

Brand new episodes with Haldemar & Co by Bruce Heard would have been great too.

But I am really excited about Bruce's plans for new fantasy fiction. Can't wait to find out what that will be about :)

It would have been nice. Reviving the Princess Ark was the initial idea but WotC did not concur. That's fine though. At least now I can come up with something on my own that's actually better than the original. So far, all concept work and the vast majority of the supplement section have been designed. It just needs to be fleshed out as a properly written text. Of the fiction part, 20,000 words are actually written out of original 30,000. That's going to grow beyond the original outline because of the way the story is developing. Mapping is also underway. Artists have been selected. There will be more info when I post a survey on my blog. It will give a much more specific outline of contents and physical components. The survey will concern estimated backing level for the kickstarter campaign which should take place late this year. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases