Pathfinder RPG Seeking: Generic Basic, yet fun Lv1 Starter Scenario

+ Log in or register to post

Hybrid View

Seeking: Generic Basic, yet fun Lv1 Starter Scenario

As I've admitted, I'm (going to be) a DM before too long. Much prep time ahead, but I'm determined to craft my own.. Well, everything. I'm just that type of person, with such much time to prep I feel I can easily prepare for it.

Anyway, the point here I'm looking for basic examples as I've never been behind the DM screen before, I work really well with fine, basic examples and adding and exploring as I need by having the base framework. So simply put I'm seeking a simple 'Go wipe out the goblins of the cave' or something like that. Also, another keyword: Free (Of course).

Another big question I've had while going over content was gauging playtime VS actual fights... Such as, say Roleplaying is minimum, would three fights of three creatures each (For... For sanity take, three party members), or creatures of adequate CR, would that take roughly an hour? Minus joking and side talk. I don't have much of a grounding for that stuff since I never had to think about it before.

Suggestions, links, any guides you've found helpful or really like to creating a session would be wonderful.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Ignore S'mon
    At 1st level, three CR 1 fights will typically take about an hour, yes. Time goes up with level.

Here's a whole bunch of free adventures for 3e D&D, the low-level ones should be useful for you: Original Adventures
    ***Henry/S'mon Super Quick d20 NPC Generation System*** The Gods of the Copybook Headings With Terror and Slaughter Return!

eriktheguy, on S'mon's latest idea:
    There are 2 major problems with your idea:
    1: It is far too awesome
    2: see 1

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries
    RavenloftGygax Memorial FundI Defended The Walls!

Ignore Jester Canuck
    There's the introductory adventure for Pathfinder Society, First Steps:
    http://paizo.com/products/btpy8jor/d...ervice-to-Lore
    You could also check out some of the other level 1 PFS adventures, looking for more generic ones.
    My gaming Webcomic 5 Minute Workday at www.5mwd.com

Moderator-Class Vessel
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore Lwaxy
    Do the players know their PCs already, or will they fit them to the adventure? How experienced are they?
    My Story Hour campaigns. What are they up to this week?

The players have mild 3.5 Experience. One has DM experience the rest all player experience but not huge amounts. As of this moment I'm keeping them pretty basic for my own sanity sake, so right now I'm looking at... Well, possibly three/two fighters + one paladin and a Cleric. A confirmed Cleric and one confirmed Fighter or Sorcerer. Heh.

I've checked out most of the Paizo resources I could find on it. The 3e wizards list is what I was looking for, thanks! If anyone else has a collection resource of free modules, homebrew or published I'm interested.

+ Log in or register to post