What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore sabrinathecat

Need White Dragon image help

I'm planning on building a white dragon in maya (3d animation software). Problem is, the only images I can find are the 4th ed and mini. In my arrogant opinion, those look awful. By any chance, is there some place I can find nice scans of the original Monster Manual and 2nd Ed White Dragon artwork?
    I know it sounds silly, but...

Any help would be appreciated.

Don't ask for scans of copyrighted material around here. Mods get testy about the word scan, even if the scanning is kept withing the bonds of fair use.

Also once you do get the image, make sure to take inspiration from it and make a creation of your own. Don't just copy it directly.

BTW if you just type "2E White Dragon" onto a google.com image search you'd find that image really soon.

Reaper Miniatures Deathsleet is a decent mini of a white dragon.

Here is a gallery of a enworld poster who has painted AD&D dragon minis, including the official White Dragon.
    Miniatures - DRAGONS

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore sabrinathecat
    Unfortunately, those are pretty much the same images I found before. The only difference is that this turned up more images of cows, ancient coins, and other weird things that turn up in google image searches.
    As I recall, the images I'm looking for only show about 1/3 at most of the dragon. Plus, this is Maya, so making it my own will not be a problem.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Quickleaf
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinathecat View Post
    I'm planning on building a white dragon in maya (3d animation software). Problem is, the only images I can find are the 4th ed and mini. In my arrogant opinion, those look awful. By any chance, is there some place I can find nice scans of the original Monster Manual and 2nd Ed White Dragon artwork?
    I know it sounds silly, but...

Any help would be appreciated.
    You mean th black and white image? Dragon-- Chromatic: White Dragon (Monstrous Manual)

Otherwise you can get a ton of non-4e white dragons thru a google image search which look like a good base image for 3d modeling.

Whats it for anyway? A custom made mini?

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore sabrinathecat
    Actually, I hadn't seen that one before. I was looking for even older. But that does help.

Google search turns up a lot of images, but not the ones I was looking for.

I just wanted to build a dragon in Maya, and for some reason, I got fixated on white (everyone wants to do red fire-breathers). So I intend to build it, rig it, and animate it. Will make a change from the star trek ships, droids and mechs. If you go to youtube and look for magellanthecat, you can see the other animation projects

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Treebore
    My communities:

There is a website that has all the 2E Monster Manual images, is that something your looking for?
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore sabrinathecat

need white dragon image help

that would be a big help
    Is there one for 1st ed as well?
    Last edited by sabrinathecat; Saturday, 6th October, 2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: forgot information

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Quickleaf
    There's the lomion site for2e that I know of, just google "lomion 2e monster manual". Unfortunately for your purposes, I think they use the same black and white white dragon image as I posted earlier.

IIRC the official 1E white dragon illo was just the head and neck with the jaws open.

Biggest, fullest 1E pic of a white dragon was Larry Elmore's cover for Dragonlance's Dragons of Ice.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...6pno1_1280.jpg

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore sabrinathecat
    Yes, but the best part of it was that it was a profile, almost orthographic view. when creating 3d models, that is extremely important and valuable.
    A friend loaned me the original monster manual, so I now have that image. Now all I'm looking for is the 2E Monstrous Compendium (not the same as the monstrous Manual)

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast