Need White Dragon image help

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I'm planning on building a white dragon in maya (3d animation software). Problem is, the only images I can find are the 4th ed and mini. In my arrogant opinion, those look awful. By any chance, is there some place I can find nice scans of the original Monster Manual and 2nd Ed White Dragon artwork?
I know it sounds silly, but...

Any help would be appreciated.

frankthedm

First Post
Don't ask for scans of copyrighted material around here. Mods get testy about the word scan, even if the scanning is kept withing the bonds of fair use.

Also once you do get the image, make sure to take inspiration from it and make a creation of your own. Don't just copy it directly.

BTW if you just type "2E White Dragon" onto a google.com image search you'd find that image really soon.

Reaper Miniatures Deathsleet is a decent mini of a white dragon.

Here is a gallery of a enworld poster who has painted AD&D dragon minis, including the official White Dragon.
Miniatures - DRAGONS

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Unfortunately, those are pretty much the same images I found before. The only difference is that this turned up more images of cows, ancient coins, and other weird things that turn up in google image searches.
As I recall, the images I'm looking for only show about 1/3 at most of the dragon. Plus, this is Maya, so making it my own will not be a problem.

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm planning on building a white dragon in maya (3d animation software). Problem is, the only images I can find are the 4th ed and mini. In my arrogant opinion, those look awful. By any chance, is there some place I can find nice scans of the original Monster Manual and 2nd Ed White Dragon artwork?
I know it sounds silly, but...

Any help would be appreciated.

You mean th black and white image? Dragon-- Chromatic: White Dragon (Monstrous Manual)

Otherwise you can get a ton of non-4e white dragons thru a google image search which look like a good base image for 3d modeling.

Whats it for anyway? A custom made mini?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Actually, I hadn't seen that one before. I was looking for even older. But that does help.

Google search turns up a lot of images, but not the ones I was looking for.

I just wanted to build a dragon in Maya, and for some reason, I got fixated on white (everyone wants to do red fire-breathers). So I intend to build it, rig it, and animate it. Will make a change from the star trek ships, droids and mechs. If you go to youtube and look for magellanthecat, you can see the other animation projects

Quickleaf

Legend
There's the lomion site for2e that I know of, just google "lomion 2e monster manual". Unfortunately for your purposes, I think they use the same black and white white dragon image as I posted earlier.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Yes, but the best part of it was that it was a profile, almost orthographic view. when creating 3d models, that is extremely important and valuable.
A friend loaned me the original monster manual, so I now have that image. Now all I'm looking for is the 2E Monstrous Compendium (not the same as the monstrous Manual)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases