[October] What are you watching?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Okie doke. I'll get this party started. :)

I'm glad that Grimm and Once Upon a Time have started back up and I, right now, have The 13th Warrior on in the background as I get a little work done.

Dioltach

Legend
Just started watching Homeland with my wife, with The Borgias and the last two series of The Tudors still on the to-watch pile.

I'm also rewatching White Collar while I work out.

ggroy

First Post
Been watching:

- Defying Gravity
- remastered Star Trek: The Next Generation season 1 episodes on bluray.

The remastered TNG episodes looked very impressive. They went back to the original film and reedited everything to 1080p resolution. This is how an old tv show from the 1980's or 1990's should be remastered for hi-def 1080p resolution. (Though I doubt many old tv shows would get this type of extensive treatment. The Star Trek franchise seems to be one of the few exceptions).

LeStew

Explorer
On the watch pile for October

-Revolution
-Fringe
-Continuum
-The Big Bang Theory
-How I Met Your Mother

I don't have anything on the rewatch pile just yet. I have a 2 hour one way commute by public transit. You'd think i'd catch up on RPG reading but alas motion sickness is my friend :)

Been watching:

- Defying Gravity
- remastered Star Trek: The Next Generation season 1 episodes on bluray.

The remastered TNG episodes looked very impressive. They went back to the original film and reedited everything to 1080p resolution. This is how an old tv show from the 1980's or 1990's should be remastered for hi-def 1080p resolution. (Though I doubt many old tv shows would get this type of extensive treatment. The Star Trek franchise seems to be one of the few exceptions).

They went back and tried to update some of the effects (The Chrystalline Entity for example) and they had been lost. So in order to even do the conversion they needed to go back to the original negatives, AND redo all the effects. I went to the 25th Anniversary Celebration in the theater. It was AMAZING!!!!! and they had some behind the scenes that might be on the DVD or not.

ggroy

First Post
and they had some behind the scenes that might be on the DVD or not.

There was a short documentary on what they did for the hi-def 1080p version. They even discussed why they did season 1 in the 4:3 aspect ratio, and not in a 16:9 widescreen ratio.

Stouthart

First Post
Waiting for Walking Dead to start. Also watching on 'live' TV:

-Boardwalk Empire
-SW: The Clone Wars
-Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

Working my way through these on Blu-Ray/DVD:
-Avengers:EMH Volume 5
-Transformers:prime Season 1
-Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
-Fringe Season 4

Elodan

Adventurer
By day:
Sunday
* Ultimate Spider-man
* Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
* Simpsons
* Bob's Burgers
* Family Guy
* American Dad
* NFL
Monday
* Robot Chicken
* Warehouse 13
Wednesday
* South Park
* Planning on watching the premier of Arrow.
Thursday
* Big Bang Theory
* Parks and Recreation
* Elementary
Friday:
* Fringe
Saturday:
* Clone Wars
* Green Lantern: Animated Adventures
* Young Justice

Original Twilight Zone on Amazon Prime.

Also watching Income Property and Love it or List it repeats with the wife.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases