Dark Knight Rises Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks D&D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played John Blake in The Dark Knight Rises and stars in the recent time-travel movie Looper with Bruce Willis, spoke about his days of D&D gaming in a recent Nerdist Podcast. While he hasn't played in some years (and asked if people still played it), he spoke at some length about his enjoyment of the game in his teen years in an interview with The Nerdist host Chris Hardwick - himself a keen gamer.

You can hear the full podcast interview right here on The Nerdist website or find it on iTunes. I strongly recommend The Nerdist as a fantastic podcast with some really great guests.

Attachments

• jgl.jpg
    jgl.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 12,048
Last edited:

Good to see another high profile actor 'coming out' as it were.

Looking at the concepts and scripts of many mainstream movies, it's patently obvious that RPGs are well known, if not well played in Hollywood circles. Yet it's still a hobby that's apparently only played by uncool people....

kitsune9

Adventurer
Celebrate National Gamer Coming Out Day. Pick a date though. How about 10/11/12? Kind of like a 1 - 2 - 3 kind of thing. Then you can tell all your friends.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looking at the concepts and scripts of many mainstream movies, it's patently obvious that RPGs are well known, if not well played in Hollywood circles.

I think it would not be unreasonable to assume the causality ran the other way. :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Celebrate National Gamer Coming Out Day. Pick a date though. How about 10/11/12? Kind of like a 1 - 2 - 3 kind of thing. Then you can tell all your friends.

I don't like the 10/11/12 idea, because then it only works during 2012 but not subsequent years, so we wouldn't be able to make it an annual thing.

How about January 20 every year? That would be 1/20 in the US or 20/1 in the UK, but each would represent the high and low rolls on a d20 die.

(Yay for standardization?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases