Looper [spoilers]

Decent movie but it REALLY dragged in the middle.

Also, if I were Joe, I would have
killed that creepy kid lickedy split during the nighttime conversation, because nothing that creepy should be allowed to exist
. *shudder*

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I enjoyed the movie today quite a bit.

I tend to approach some problems with time travel stories as things I'm not meant to get, as a layman, rather than assuming they are oversights, particularly if the script makes some effort to hand wave them in a fair manner. I think between Willis's and Daniel's dialog discussing things to some degree and dismissing the problems with minor explanation were good enough for the level of the story being told and the expertise of the character in the conversations. The script sets the audience up as non-experts and explains things to a satisfactory level, IMO.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Why? If they'd just killed the younger version then poof, older one vanishes and the problem is solved, no? Or is killing yourself different from someone else doing it?

I think it was implied by Jeff Daniels's character, that killing the younger Looper would be too much a change from the established timeline/future history. If he's kept alive, that man would still exist in the future, and while it would certainly result in changes, they'd be relatively minor, compared to killing him outright to stop his future self.

Furthermore, Jeff Daniels and the bad guys don't want to change the future dramatically. Joe absolutely DOES want to change the future dramatically.

Cheers

Remove ads