Hunger Games inspired dungeon questions- Projected Scrying Options

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I may end up making other threads with questions about other aspects of this 1 shot campaign idea, but I'll try to be specific here.

I want to emulate camera's within an arena projected onto screens for a large audience to watch.

Does the Spell Greater Scrying operate as I think it does; projecting the image of the scryed-upon individual upon the focus for anyone, spectators who not the castor, to view?

Since the focus has minimum sizes but no maximum stated, is it reasonable to figure a very large mirror, or pool, would project a very large image?

Is there a way to project other Srying School spells upon a screen/focus? The Clairaudience/Clairvoyance spell would be very useful for what I'm trying to develop.

Yes, I am the DM, and yes, I can and will handwave any details to suit my needs if no precise RAW method could be found, but I'd like to figure this mechanically if possible. Thanks!

jefgorbach

First Post
A sorcerer/wizard is assigned to observe a particular participant via an Arcane Eye, projecting the resulting visual information to everyone else via Silent Image.

Since you're the DM, perhaps the Arena organization automated the process either via a customized device or combo-spell.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
A sorcerer/wizard is assigned to observe a particular participant via an Arcane Eye, projecting the resulting visual information to everyone else via Silent Image.

Since you're the DM, perhaps the Arena organization automated the process either via a customized device or combo-spell.

As the DM, I have access to as many and as high level of casters I'd need, I just need to work out the mechanics.

Oh... Excellent suggestion. One caster perceives and then replicates with illusion spell. This is definitely an option.

I'm thinking a team of 3 casters for each player. Each Caster simultaneously is using Arcane Eye and either Mirage Arcana, Persistent Image or Silent Image for all creatures the player interacts with, and Permanent Image to represent the player him or herself. The Permanent Image could also be placed as a statue afterward for posterity of the event. This would provide a 3D hologram for the audience to watch. That could be very cool. I imagine the spectators in an auditorium much like a 3 ring circus, with a "hologram" simulation in the center ground, one hologram for each player so a few different scenes occurring at once, a group of casters sitting in chairs off to the side to maintain the entire spectacle.

Familiar Concentration Feat should allow for Arcane Eye and the other concentration-requiring illusion spell to occur at the same time.

A series of Greater Scrying screens could supplement the 3D vision the audience is watching.

I'm open to additional suggestions, but I can use this one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases