More WotC reprints.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I have to wonder what the adventure compilations will be like - are they just hardcover versions of the old compilations? Or brand new ones.

The old compilations aren't so hot - they took out a lot of the artwork.

Also would have preferred T1-4 - The Temple of Elemental Evil. It's relatively easy to get the A and S modules individually, but T1-4 was only published together (except for T1)

The adventure compilations are the only thing that slightly interest me. I have 2 copies of T1-4 (one that's my orignal from 85-86? that is beat to CRAP. and a second one I got off Ebay a few years ago that is sealed in plastic.) so those are of little interest to me. I have most of the other modules in either PDF or hardcopy.

PDF's actually work better for me because if I were to run these I would be converting them to Pathfinder or some other system anyway. But to be honest if a really nicely produced version of G1-3 D1-3 and Q1 was released I'd have a hard time fighting the urge to pick that up.

Stormonu

Legend
The adventure compilations are the only thing that slightly interest me. I have 2 copies of T1-4 (one that's my orignal from 85-86? that is beat to CRAP. and a second one I got off Ebay a few years ago that is sealed in plastic.) so those are of little interest to me. I have most of the other modules in either PDF or hardcopy.

PDF's actually work better for me because if I were to run these I would be converting them to Pathfinder or some other system anyway. But to be honest if a really nicely produced version of G1-3 D1-3 and Q1 was released I'd have a hard time fighting the urge to pick that up.

Y'know, I doubt they'd do this, but if the took the "all-time" top 5 - 10 AD&D adventures and converted them to Pathfinder, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat. I'm sure there'd be many who'd do the same for 4E or 3.5 too.

Balesir

Adventurer
Y'know, I doubt they'd do this, but if the took the "all-time" top 5 - 10 AD&D adventures and converted them to Pathfinder, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat. I'm sure there'd be many who'd do the same for 4E or 3.5 too.
I'd certainly pick 'em up if done with a 4e conversion (although the Giants modules were done by Chris Perkins for 4e).

As well as the adventures, though, I would definitely hoover up the bases for Birthright and Planescape for 4e. If WotC weren't going to do them, I don't really see why they didn't make them possible for a 3PP to produce (under some sort of license, or whatever). Birthright for 3.x is available as fanon (from Birthright.net - hint, hint!), but 4e never really got nailed...

mangamuscle

Explorer
I said it on the other thread but it bears repeating!

"Who would you have me weeelease?"
"Release Rules Cyclopedia"
"Very well I will WEEElease Wules Cyclopedia!"
"Sir we have no Rules Cyclopedia"
"No Wules Cyclopedia, who do we have then?"
"We have sphecond edition and the spthssss sptheriessppth..."

Although I'll pick up these too

Yeah, how about doing a new version that acknoledges the unnoficial errata:

www.acaeum.com/library/cyclopedia_errata.pdf

web.newsguy.com/a_doom/RCerrata/

and insted of incluiding the rules for demihumans up to level 36 includes the crunchy (rules) included in the gazetters?

Last edited:

Elf Witch

First Post
I already own copies of the books and they are in great condition so I don't see myself buying the new reprints. If I was not broke and being the book whore that I am I would spend the money. I did with the leather volumes that came out several years ago.

I do want the modules. I would love to have a complete set of them.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Are you aware of the GDQ1-7 Queen of Spiders Super-Module? It combines them all with linking adventures ... and I'm yet to get my hands on one.

Olgar want reprint!

I actually have that book as well as Scourge of the Slave Lords. I'd actually like a hardcover of these along the lines of the Rise of the Runelords and Shackled City Hardcovers.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Hardcover trio of books covering the three Planes of Chaos/Law/Conflict box sets from 2e. I would so totally be there. Actually, heck. Reprints of any of the 2e PS stuff (and other stuff like Book of Artifacts for instance) would get $ from me.

A pdf of 'On Hallowed Ground' would be nice too (since it was never scanned and offered for sale even before they pulled pdfs, it doesn't exist outside of bootleg).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Are you aware of the GDQ1-7 Queen of Spiders Super-Module? It combines them all with linking adventures ... and I'm yet to get my hands on one.

Olgar want reprint!

I could've sworn you had this: :D

230px-City_of_the_Spider_Queen.jpg

Remove ads