Interest in a Deck of Monster Cards?

scourger

Explorer
I think it is a great idea. I hope you publish them for Savage Worlds (SW). SW is just complex enough for the stats to appear on a playing card. I think D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder is a little too complex for it, but I see your samples are good. I suggest looking at the D&D Minis card for inspiration. The minis rules side of those cards was about enough stat complexity for play, but the RPG side offered the rest if wanted. Something between the 2 levels of detail is just right, which is what SW already has.

Another good possibility is Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC). That game is really emerging now, and it looks like licensed products will find a niche there.

You might also partner with this company: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/730004812/creature-cards-monstrous-playing-cards-for-games-o
That is a cool project.

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
Yes, if it snowballs, I would contact the SW and DCC people to see if there is something we could do. (As well as the C&C folks mentioned up thread.) Still, there's a lot of work in getting each set of cards set up for different game systems.

I do have a few of the D&D Minis cards and I think I've been able to distill the stats pretty well for Pathfinder. D&D 3.5 should be similar in complexity, and most other games should have simpler monsters. I have sent my samples off to be printed to see how they turn out.

Finally, regarding the Kickstarter you linked, I'm not sure there is any synergy there. I did see it and I'm interested in how it goes. I think I already have art for most of the creatures they will do (if they can or would consider licensing it at all.)

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
I had a few printed using a POD card company... the results were great! They felt almost exactly like MTG cards.

But based on the feedback of one of the people in my group, we thought it may be better to box out the combat stats along a column on the side. I've prototyped that for Pathfinder. Here is that sample. (I'm still playing with the spacing between lines in the left side box though.)

Is this an improvement over the last version of the Pathfinder set? (Assume that a version of 3.5 cards would be similar.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases