[Art] Spelljammer - Concordance

When you have a tiger by the tail, you better not let go!
well, in this case, it's a mindflayer by a necklace....
Posting Cartoon version as I like that more :)

LARGE ORIGINAL
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/sj/various/spelljammer_concordance.jpg

[sblock="SPELLJAMMER - CONCORDANCE"]
link if need

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/sj/various/spelljammer_concordance_cartoon.jpg

spelljammer_concordance_cartoon.jpg

[/sblock]

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Neat.
I've been working on my own set of Spelljammer ships in Maya. Just have to map & texture the one's I've built and then get to the rest.
I seem to have a dragon to finish first...

sabrinathecat

Explorer
take a couple of classes and buy a student version? Here the student version runs $400. THe only difference in the software is that every time you open, save, import, or render a file, you have to hit the enter key an extra time to acknowledge the pop-up telling you that you are using a student version.

Here's one I animated a little bit for a PbP game.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Is it a reworking of one of the images from the original Spelljammer boxed set? It looks very familiar.
It's a Man-O-War.
In the world I'm running, Spelljamming is a lost art. Only the Eladrin and truly ancient remember how, and the Eladrin government keeps it secret. The old ships are now "Towers" of various sizes. They do have Leaf ships as couriers and some flitters. But except for extreme circumstances, Towers are left in place. And have been for centuries. When a new expansion to the imperial holdings is made, an agent places a beacon, and the next morning, a Tower is in place. It just grew in the middle of the night. Obviously the gods wanted the Eladrin to expand to this land. Now let's go slaughter the local goblins.

In this case, the party found the shards of a broken ship and reported it to the Eladrin Council, who sent a salvage crew. 5000gp of residuum and an enlarged make-whole ritual later...

Dioltach
yes, "Concordance of Arcane Space"! ;)
mostof my stuff is original, but I always loved that scene and couple of others I wish to do, and it's part of my, ahem, "grand scheme" to try and get WOTC to re-visit SPelljammer :)

Stouthart
thank you! :)
and yes, SPelljammer needs much luvin' ;)
I was doing Dark SUn art for years and voila', it returned! so, hey I can but hope :p

Sabrinathecat
alas my health is wrecked, no classes for me.
completed HNC and almost finished HND in "New media technology" (they didn't have digital art/animation class at time so that was closest) before my health got too bad and I had to quit.
now, finances are tight. been upgrading several art programs for years, Vue, Poser, Photoshop etc.
most of the "Big named" apps have absolutely VILE interfaces :/ no fun to make art with, sigh. Lightwave was the least obnxious but didn't have health etc to learn it as I planned.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
You can try online tutorials, but I find they tend to go at light-speed, or be not-really-applicable. And you probably don't want to shell out for the full version of any software.
I'm working on my white dragon (and some banners for R2-KT.com--really like the halloween one) now, but I do take requests, if there is anything else you'd like to see. Let me know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases