System Reference Documents

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
James McMurray said:
It appears that 3.5srd.com is no longer up. :(

It was up half an hour ago - it may just be a glitch...?

... ah.

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

-Hyp.

Last edited:

pvandyck

First Post
yeah, I just found that it was down. Did anyone download the Sovelior html version? (I knew I should have downloaded it instead of continuing to pound on 3.5srd.com)

Anyone?

pvandyck

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
pvandyck said:
yeah, I just found that it was down. Did anyone download the Sovelior html version? (I knew I should have downloaded it instead of continuing to pound on 3.5srd.com)

They're back up - get in quick! :)

-Hyp.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Muther Hubbard said:
Why have WOTC, or D20, or Hasbro - or who whoever it is - decided to put abstracts of their rules into the public domain? What's the rationale behind it? In what way do they hope to benefit? Could someone explain to me what SRD all about.
Actually, they didn't put them in the Public Domain. Even the SRD are copyrighted material.

They just grant you permission to use them as long as you use the Open Game License and abide by the terms of said license. IOW, you can't use the SRD material without the OGL. If you do, Wizards can sue you under the standard copyright law.

As for the rationale? If they allow publishers to make use of their ruleset, they got a network of publishers helping out their sales of PHB or any core game books by Wizards. Kinda like the computer platform/software model. Microsoft releases codes so that folks from Electronics Arts or LucasArts can make Windows-compatible games for us to play. After all, you can't rely on Microsoft to make great games.

Okay, so their Age of Empire is one of Microsoft's great games.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
James McMurray said:
Does anybody know if there's currently an initiative to get the Epic SRD into Sovelio's excellent rendition?
AFAIK there is no epic SRD to begin with. So we had to make a petition to make an Epic SRD first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases