A look at the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game

Frostmarrow

First Post
I picked up X-Wing and have tried it with my son. For some reason we don't enjoy it quite as much as I had hoped. I did own Wings of War too, and I wasn't a fan of the game-play then either. (Love the models though). I will add Slave One and The Millennium Falcon and keep a small collection in spite of not enjoying the game, just because.

I'm afraid I didn't like Dungeon Command either. I bought the Cormyr set and tried a few games by myself. I really admire the game mechanics. It's very clever. So are the mechanics for X-Wing. But I just can't get excited about these two games.

You might think I'm jaded as these two fine games can't keep my interest up for more than thirty minutes but I hope I'm not lost yet. It's just that you don't know what will strike your fancy. For me, the last year Castle Ravenloft, Fortune and Glory, and Memoir '44 have been my favorite games. M44 being a game I've played countless times. (It surprised me greatly how much I enjoyed M44).

My interest in games follow a cycle starting with RPGs and via boardgames I slope into electronic games and after a period of creating my own games the cycle starts over. Right now I feel a wave of creativity coming up.

Remove ads