A non white male middle class British Doctor?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I've always thought the Cat from Red Dwarf would make a great doctor. He'd be like another Jon Pertwee.
I'm going to eat you little dalek.
yes I'm going to eat you little dalek
I'm going to eat you little dalek
Cause I love eating daleks.

hmmm

You can't have my shiney thing!
This is my shiney thing.
You don't know what it is, do you?
It does two important things. First, it opens any door. And second, it lights up and makes a humming noise!

no...

Great Balls of Fire! Do you know what that is, Jo?
No, Doctor, what?
Fish. Today's fish. It smells like... Yes, Trout ala Creme'. What's more, it is delicious. Ah! Too slow, Trout ala Creme'. Too slow for this Doctor.

doesn't seem quite right...

Get down!
Doctor, what is it?
I don't know, buy my nasal hairs are twitching and my nostrils are flaring. Whatever it is, it can't be good.
Could you have made a miss-smelling?
No, something is definately bad, and it's coming from that corridor.
The one that says "rubbish bins"?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Well, the Doctor really felt bad for the self-sacrifice of Oswin, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman. And since we know she is slated to come back on the show, perhaps the information they've been giving about here return isn't altogether truthful. Maybe she'll be the next Doctor. Sort of like how Romana took the form of Princess Astra as her final form and hence how they brought Lalla Ward back as a Time Lord when Mary Tamm left the show.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
delroy.jpg

"Hello, yes, I am The Doctor. Would you like a sesame cake? They are very good."

delericho

Legend
One thing that's been fairly constant about The Doctor is that he's always been:
  • White
  • Male
  • Middle-class*
  • British
  • Interestingly his age has been all over the place; I prefer him a bit older than Matt Smith
*Note that this is just an adjective encompassing mannerisms, accent, dress, and behaviour - I don't mean it to describe an actual class system.

So which of these aspects would you be willing to change?

To be perfectly honest, I like The Doctor as-is, and would prefer they change none of the above.

That said, I don't consider any of them to be deal-breakers as such; it would depend entirely on how it was dealt with.

I've also put forth Thandie Newton as a possible candidate. She'd be English, Middle class-esque, and right around 40 years of age, plus cute as a button, and her eyes have an air of mystery and cleverness about them. I'd be quite keen to see that.

No thanks! Frankly, I'm hard pressed to think of a single role I haven't disliked her in. Heck, in "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" she appears as herself and still isn't convincing.

Herschel

Adventurer
So would Richard Coyle.

Coyle was good in "Coupling" but I'd guess he'd likely approach the role pretty similarly to Smith. Jack Davenport could be interesting, but I'm not feeling it there. I put him in the same category as Mathew McFadyen: guys I like but don't think would fit the role very well.

Rupert Penry-Jones might be good, and maybe David Oyelowo.

Herschel

Adventurer
Branwell Donaghey or Domhnall Gleeson might be good. The Doctor could finally be a Ginger. ;)

Actually, if they wanted to go with a relatively little-known actor, Billy Carter (currently in Titanic: Blood & Steel NOT Jimmy's dead brother :p) might be interesting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases