+ Log in or register to post
Results 51 to 55 of 55
Wednesday, 10th October, 2012, 05:45 PM #1
Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)
A non white male middle class British Doctor?
Moffat famously wrote the hilarious Curse of the Fatal Death, which starred Rowan Atkinson, Richard E Grant, Hugh Grant, Jonathan Pryce and Joanna Lumley. If you're a Who fan and you've never seen this, you should - technically it was Moffat's first Who script!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM"]Rowan Atkinson is Doctor Who - Classic Comic Relief - YouTube[/ame]
One thing that's been fairly constant about The Doctor is that he's always been:
- Interestingly his age has been all over the place; I prefer him a bit older than Matt Smith
The middle-class bit might be slightly arguable (Eccleston played him slightly working-class, although the actor himself is pretty middle-class despite his accent).
So which of these aspects would you be willing to change?
- White - don't care either way. I was hoping Patterson Joseph would get the role before we found out Matt Smith got it.
- Male - I think changing his gender might be a little too much of a stretch for me.
- Middle-class - images of Ray Winstone playing The Doctor fill me with joy. Now THAT would be fun! "Put yer traahsers on sunshine; yer nicked! Oh, and I'm The Doctor!"
- British - I couldn't compromise on that one. I know Batman and Superman are British, Robin Hood's been American and Australian, Bond has been Australian and Irish, and so on and so on. So I know it can happen and sometimes it can work, but I'm still completely against the idea of a non-British Doctor.
Last edited by Morrus; Wednesday, 10th October, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
By Justin D. Jacobson in forum General RPG DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: Tuesday, 17th March, 2009, 03:18 PM
By Turanil in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR GamingReplies: 4Last Post: Tuesday, 7th January, 2003, 04:42 PM
By Turanil in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR GamingReplies: 4Last Post: Tuesday, 7th January, 2003, 02:15 PM
By kreynolds in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR GamingReplies: 13Last Post: Thursday, 17th October, 2002, 07:18 PM
By DWARF in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR GamingReplies: 8Last Post: Tuesday, 8th October, 2002, 03:06 AM