D&D 5E Art: Goblinoids, Take Two

Blackwarder

Adventurer
All in all I like the way the concept has been evolving I really like the fact that the concept and the look feel the same.

Bugbears - This is the first sketch of the BugBears that feels right to me in any edition, I like the lean predatory look of them and it goes well with their sneakiness and cunning.

Hobgoblins - Seems good, except for the sideburns they remind enough of the Uruk-hi to be familiar and slot them into the right rule in my D&D games.

Goblins - here I have a problem, the concept goblin got too many muscles. Instead of being the vermin that hide in the dark places of the world and being cowardly and cunning it seems like a scary small brawler. IMO the Goblins should be more wiry, they should have thin but strong arms and legs with big hands and feet and long fingers.
I like the fey ears and the sword.

Warder

Klaus

First Post
For the sake of completeness, I'm posting here an experiment I've been conducting on Facebook, where I'm doing my own concepts of D&D humanoids (just to warm up before actual work).

Here are the goblinoids:

[sblock]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• concept_goblinoids.jpg
    concept_goblinoids.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 1,458

Stormonu

Legend
About the only one I liked was the hobgoblin - that seemed to be on the right track.

I like my goblins scrawny (but I despise the Paizo goblin for its big head) and wirey.

It took me a minute or two to realize the creature on the left was a bugbear, not some minotaur/orc halfbreed. Really hate the design. I think the best hobgoblin I've seen is the ghost-faced hobgoblin mini (redone as the bugbear bezerker in the Dungeon Command game).

Obryn

Hero
For the sake of completeness, I'm posting here an experiment I've been conducting on Facebook, where I'm doing my own concepts of D&D humanoids (just to warm up before actual work).

Here are the goblinoids:

[sblock]
attachment.php

[/sblock]
Goblin, Gnoll, Hobgoblin?

The blue nose gave the last one away if I'm right. :)

-O

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases