Arrow TV Show

sabrinathecat

Explorer
To me too. It came close to killing my interest in the show.

I find it hard to sympathise with a protagonist who leaves that large a trail of bodies.
Really? To me, that would be essential.
_____ just tried to KILL me. Do I incapacitate him, kill him first, or pat him on the back for trying, but not being quite in the right league? Granted, Incapacitating is more acceptable (both to personal goals and not bringing down an even more massive police man-hunt), but if it is a question of him or me, It will be I who survive.

MarkB

Legend
Really? To me, that would be essential.
_____ just tried to KILL me. Do I incapacitate him, kill him first, or pat him on the back for trying, but not being quite in the right league?

A lot of the people he killed in the first episode hadn't tried to kill him, or even met him before he perforated them.

Fast Learner

First Post
I appreciate it for the way it's different from Smallville, where there was a constant sense of fakeness due to how infrequently anyone ever died.

I'm not someone who particularly likes killing in his entertainment, just someone who dislikes constant, utterly unrealistic temporary knock-outs where no one ever gets hurt.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I appreciate it for the way it's different from Smallville, where there was a constant sense of fakeness due to how infrequently anyone ever died.

I'm not someone who particularly likes killing in his entertainment, just someone who dislikes constant, utterly unrealistic temporary knock-outs where no one ever gets hurt.

Exactly. It was like the 80s GIJoe cartoon, where every plane or helicopter shot down had to have parachutes, so we would know that no one died, or they all had lasers set on stun, because terrorists in cartoons can't kill. One of the big weaknesses of a lot of the Batman movies is that he wasn't killing henchmen, and only killing the big villains by bizarre accidents.

So let the Green Arrow shoot people. An Arrow is a lot less likely to be fatal than a bullet. Unless it is an explosive, corrosive, or electro-shock arrow... Plus they probably go through bullet-proof vests.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
A lot of the people he killed in the first episode hadn't tried to kill him, or even met him before he perforated them.

I think you missed something. He killed the guys who abducted him. The BBG that he stole the money from specifically said he put his guys in the hospital.

Prickly

First Post
I enjoyed it.

Some of the dialogue and acting was a bit off, but I enjoyed the style of the show.

An Arrow is a lot less likely to be fatal than a bullet. Unless it is an explosive, corrosive, or electro-shock arrow... Plus they probably go through bullet-proof vests.
An Arrow is as fatal as a bullet. There aren't degrees of fatal.

Fast Learner

First Post
There are certainly degrees of likelihood of a wound being fatal. Arrows have far less energy behind them than bullets. Makes a tremendous difference in likelihood of lethality.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases