Arrow TV Show

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I liked it. As a survivor of a ruptured intestine almost a year ago, a gut shot by bullet, knife or arrow will likely end in death but not always. That person will be down for the count for at least 2 years, likely longer.

A shot in the bicep to a local police officer could have been fatal if the bracial [sp?] artery had been hit. It took a couple of years for him to be back at 100%.

over all, the pilot was enjoyable-lots of mystery to go, personal demons to concur, and his little sister to watch over.

Felon

First Post
I can't disagree with that. I do tend to give TV writers a lot of wiggle room, and usually end up disappointed. But, as of what we know right now, he should not be in the shape he is in, with the skills he has.

So, for now I guess it is tune in next week at the same Arrow Time on the same Arrow Channel.

RK
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Oliver was part of a "most dangerous game" type of scenario. Wasn't Deathstroke's mask on that island? He's suppsoed to become a chief anatagonist. I could see Slade Wilson using an island as a human game preserve.

As for the show on the whole, I was hoping for something more substantive. In the pilot, when he grabs the apple off the table, I got this idea that being trapped on a desert island would be a good heroic motivation, because he'd empathize with folks trying to survive on the streets. But right now it just looks like it's a superhero show for the 90210 crowd. On the surface, the show has dark overtones, but in reality the world we're presented so far is full of young, rich, attractive people. So far there are no dirty junkies or homeless people needing help in Starling City.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Oliver was part of a "most dangerous game" type of scenario. Wasn't Deathstroke's mask on that island? He's suppsoed to become a chief anatagonist. I could see Slade Wilson using an island as a human game preserve.

As for the show on the whole, I was hoping for something more substantive. In the pilot, when he grabs the apple off the table, I got this idea that being trapped on a desert island would be a good heroic motivation, because he'd empathize with folks trying to survive on the streets. But right now it just looks like it's a superhero show for the 90210 crowd. On the surface, the show has dark overtones, but in reality the world we're presented so far is full of young, rich, attractive people. So far there are no dirty junkies or homeless people needing help in Starling City.
I kinda have to agree with this post in full. I got that same '90210' feeling and was wondering hoe 'o' got his fighting training from.

RyanSmith

First Post
I have watched 3 episodes of arrow tv show and i like this show. This is the best show of 2012. This is the best show based on Green Arrow.

Felon

First Post
View attachment 56009
As I recall, the Speedy of the early 1980s had a heroin habit.

Farther back than that, actually. It was one of comics' first clumsy attempts at "relevant" storytelling.

250px-Green_lantern_85.jpg

If there's some way to post the image directly rather than just a link to it, I haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited:

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Netflix put season 1 up on instant view. Finished it the other night. (The fact that I finished anything speaks volumes). They managed to perfectly balance soap-opera drama with a good comic-book action series. The result was a very good, well-paces, well-plotted show, that managed to set itself up to a great season ending without answering absolutely every question. They had just enough teasing and fan-bating to satisfy the comic fans without being an over-the-top geek fest. I only hope they can keep up this level of quality.
I'm just worried they'll be like "Once Upon A Time", by having a great first season and a crap second season.

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
[MENTION=89838]sabrinathecat[/MENTION]
as of now, (4 episodes in) they continue where they left of in terms of quality. At least for me, it is as good as the first season (of course they still could ruin it in the rest of the season ^^).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases