Advice for a two handed crit build.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hello all. I was just trying to make a critical build for a half ogre fighter in the new eastern themed campaign im starting. I decided to go with the NO dachi. 1d10 certainly isnt my fave damage die but it has a nice 18-20 crit range brace and has been cleared to gain reach if I take exotic wep prof for it.Right now I have it as a two handed archetype fighter lvl 5. its 20 point buy and his stats are 20 STR,14 DEX,17 CON,10 INT,9 CHA and 8 WIS. Right now I have him in mithral medium Kikko armor so that he can still move at full speed and use charge more effectively. I was hoping to make use of charge, crit and MAYBE sunder. If I have enough feats for it. So could anyone help me out with the most effective way to do feats? I would also appreciate any advice on gear. I would really like to stick with his current weapon though. Im allowed to flaws so I will get to bonus feats and havent decided on traits either. 3rd party stuff is fine as long as its not broken.

It's hard to read your post without spacing. I hd to read twice to see the level range.

Crit builds tends to start a little higher. Most tend to rely on Improved Critical or Critical Focus, both of which have higher level pre-reqs.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Sorry. Been a while since I posted char info. It was done on no sleep :p. I was noticing the crit builds are higher. So I will have to wait. But what are the good crit feats to take? and what would compliment this build? As of right now the feats he has are.

Devastating Charge, Diehard, Endurance, Furious Focus, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus NoDachi, Weapon Specialization NoDachi,

Wycen

Explorer
I'm not familiar with the half ogre, at least a Pathfinder version. Where are the stats from?

Just this Wednesday I thought my sorcerer was going to die so I started looking at making a two-handed weapon fighter. But I'm stuck using just the core rules, so other than Power Attack, Cleave, and Weapon Focus I don't have much to offer. Improved Critical of course and Vital Strike looks good. Maybe Disruptive?

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Half-Ogre - Pathfinder_OGC . That is the half ogre. It as a third party race by adamant entertainment. Im def getting improved crit. I dont think I will go for the vital strike line though. And if I recall there is actually a line of feat similar to vital strike but a little better. I think it was called deadly stroke. If you wanted a two handed fighter thats a little more mainstream than what I am building you should check this out. https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=15x4he4WAFYNsoeYgNG8KaEjPH2OvzF2dUjiy8BL1h14&pli=1

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Nice. A +5 to confirm crits. Thanks. So right now he crits on a 15-20 with a +1 to confirm. he is doing 1d10+11 dmg and can add double his strength on his first hit. at lvl 19 he will be able to take a -5 penalty to hit but if it succeeds it is an auto critical threat. So he is looking pretty scary!

SSuser

Explorer
1d10+11 dmg and can add double his strength on his first hit

Unless I'm missing something your damage should be higher for a fifth level two-handed fighter with the feats you mentioned. Additionally, get a burst weapon as soon as you can. I'd recommend icy burst.

+6 Power Attack +50% DMG with two-handed weapon
+7 Wielding weapon two-handed with 20 STR
+1 Weapon Training-Heavy Blades, this also applies to CMB & CMD involving the weapon
+2 Weapon Specialization

When making a single attack you can add in this bonus.
+5 Overhand chop - double strength bonus

When making a charge you can add in this bonus.
+3d4 Devastating charge points of damage on a charge

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
You sir are right. Thats was his dmg with no feats or abilities active wielding his +1 nodachi. I hadnt actually added up the numbers for his abilities. Wow. Thats pretty nasty. Cant wait to lower his crit range. So what is that then 21dmg +3d4 +1d10?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases