Advice for a two handed crit build.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Well other than half ogre the weapon class and feats are all basic. Besides they have done worse to me. Lvl 11 fire dwarf fighter/wizard? Yeah. That was mean.

Ramaster

Adventurer
The problem with the two-handed archetype is that you give up Armor training. This reduces your mobility, unless you go for a mithrill breastplate (this will, of course, reduce your AC). Fast enemies will outrun you and archers/casters will be a nightmare. The only thing you get in return is a little more damage for your iterative attacks and a cool ability at 15th level.

As for Critical treat... it is my understanding that 15-20 is as low as you can go, with an 18-20 weapon and Improved Critical. If I am mistaken, please point it out!

The Critical feat that works the best is the one that Stuns. Remember, kids! A stunned opponent drops all held items and looses a turn!

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Ah. So stunning critical then. Well I did go for mithral Kikko armor so he isnt and AC beast or anything. Im not that worried about archers and the such though. No matter what casters will cause a fighter trouble. The archer? Well if he can drop this guys 60 HP before the charge reaches him then he was a scary mofo anyway. Lol. But thanks for all the help guys!

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Quick update. He did great in a game. Actually had a player decide he wanted to use him for the campaign. He went toe to toe with a standard ice oni. Cut him in half on a standard attack after missing on his charge attack in the first round (only missed from rolling a 1). Lost half his health though. Ended up dying that night. Charged at another ice oni who got a AOO on him(due to reach with his naginata). The Oni got a crit and rolled max damage on all die. Luckily the party has a death mage who will keep his body preserved until they can get to a cleric.

Remove ads