Idea Channel | PBS | Talk DND and social interactions.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
An interesting bit from PBS Idea Channel on DND and Social Interactions.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFtlDhksGHA]Can Dungeons & Dragons Make You A Confident & Successful Person? | Idea Channel | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

The Idea Channel on YouTube have quite a few interesting shorts, that I'm just discovering thanks to an article on Kotaku.
Original article.
Watch This Explanation of Why Playing D & D Totally Makes You Better at Life

Fast Learner

First Post
1. Well done, and well-explained.

2. Loved the many in-jokes.

3. LOVED the speed, both of his speaking and the many visual references. Actually kept my attention throughout, which is very, very rare.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
1. Well done, and well-explained.

2. Loved the many in-jokes.

3. LOVED the speed, both of his speaking and the many visual references. Actually kept my attention throughout, which is very, very rare.
3. is what bothered me about the speed. Too many people these days simply can't be bothered to pay attention to anything that isn't presented in slam-bang fashion. Which suggests that they miss a lot of information that they ought to know because they won't read/listen/watch it.

Jack7

First Post
I’ve always believed that exactly how you use a tool, and to what ends, will determine both exactly how useful the tool is, and how good you will become at what it is you are really doing.

But only you can decide what you are really doing, and how, and why. When a tool becomes merely a thing in itself it always eventually fails it’s true purpose. But when a tool becomes a useful device to achieve valuable ends it becomes a treasured asset with multiple functions and numerous capabilities.

Fast Learner

First Post
3. is what bothered me about the speed. Too many people these days simply can't be bothered to pay attention to anything that isn't presented in slam-bang fashion. Which suggests that they miss a lot of information that they ought to know because they won't read/listen/watch it.
It's certainly not a matter of not "bothering", for me. I've been ADD all my life and have never had anything resembling attention for single, slow presentations of anything. Because this was as fast as it was I didn't have to multi-task, didn't have to switch away from watching (much), and so actually got a lot more out of it than I would have had it been slower.

To each his own in this regard, I suspect.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
It's certainly not a matter of not "bothering", for me. I've been ADD all my life and have never had anything resembling attention for single, slow presentations of anything. Because this was as fast as it was I didn't have to multi-task, didn't have to switch away from watching (much), and so actually got a lot more out of it than I would have had it been slower.

To each his own in this regard, I suspect.
I suspected that might be the case, so was careful about how I phrased my reply. However, I'm rather suspicious of the numbers of people who can't seem to cope with 'normal' info disemination. Just plain mental laziness seems more likely than that they've all got ADD. But that's just my opinion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases