Hybrid View

Mod Squad
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Umbran

Ideas: Bronze

So, I am nearing my 8th wedding anniversary. Just to keep things interesting, my wife and I try to keep to the traditional anniversary gift ideas, where each year is some material.

Mind you, we do this loosely. The first anniversary, for example is "paper". I got her a laser printer (which she badly needed for her work). Last year was wool (or copper, but I went with wool), and I got her a spinning wheel.

The traditional material for the 8th anniversary is bronze. Do you have *any* idea how hard it is to find something in bronze that isn't either a bathroom fixture or just a hunk of statuary?!?

The gift needn't be large - we are spending a huge hunk of change on a vacation that's a gift to ourselves - but something small would be nice. The problem is just finding something.

So, by way of conversation - anyone seen anything interesting in bronze lately? Anyone got a cool twist on the idea of bronze that might get me into a different gift idea?

Heck, anyone had some really good wins on anniversary gifts?

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Zaukrie
    Can you find something made of copper and something made of tin that go together? De-construction, as it were.

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayCMG

Ignore Mark CMG
    My communities:

There must still be places where you can get baby shoes bronzed and based, yes? Maybe a pair from each of you set together on a base? Maybe such a place would even bronze other things for you, if there is something you can think of that seems better.
    Fighting Fire - Ernie Gygax Relief Fund

Please, help boost the signal!

http://tinyurl.com/gygaxrelief

As always,
    Mark CMG
    CreativeMountainGames.com

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

bronzing each others favorite die and mount them?
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

I know this sounds silly, but I just did a google search on "Bronze Gifts" and Amazon alone turned up more than 9000 results.

Some non-sculptural results included:

Bronze letter opener:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Bronze-Letter-Opener-664/dp/B008G4VZ38/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350188387&sr=8-3&keywords=bronze+gifts]Amazon.com: Celtic Bronze Irish Cross Letter Opener 664: Everything Else[/ame]

Bronze Canopic jars:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bronze-Egyptian-Canopic-Jars-Gifts/dp/B002IZD7KU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1350188387&sr=8-13&keywords=bronze+gifts]Amazon.com: Bronze Egyptian Canopic Jars Jar Set of 4 Gifts: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Bronze spyglass:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AM-Authentic-Models-Bronze-Spyglass/dp/B000UPMNN2/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1350188387&sr=8-14&keywords=bronze+gifts]Amazon.com: AM Authentic Models Bronze Spyglass - Classic Nautical Home Decorative Accessories: Home & Kitchen[/ame]
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    My communities:

You might also look for bronze coin jewelry. One of the exhibitors at the InterGem Jewelry show is a company called Suraj, International. Among other things, they sell pendants made from ancient Chinese, Indian and other bronze coins in all their worn, patina-covered glory, set in silver.

In addition, they sell the coins separately, in case you want them as collector pieces or design jewelry yourself (as I do).

And they are not the only ones out there, just who I routinely deal with.

Edit: FYI, I did an Amazon search for "bronze coins" and found some individual coins AND things made from them. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bronze+coins&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abronze+coins"]Amazon.com: bronze coins[/ame]
    Last edited by Dannyalcatraz; Sunday, 14th October, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Mod Squad
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Umbran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz View Post
    I know this sounds silly, but I just did a google search on "Bronze Gifts" and Amazon alone turned up more than 9000 results.
    Well, part of that is the matter of finding the right search terms. I had, in fact, gone to Amazon and searched on "bronze something" for various values of something. "Gifts" however, didn't cross my mind. I was being too specific.

And, in showing me this one, you've just solved a completely different problem. We are running our Warren Zevon inspired game at a con in March, and I needed a canopic jar for our mummy's phylactery.
    Last edited by Umbran; Sunday, 14th October, 2012 at 02:41 PM.

+ Log in or register to post